West High School's next Head Coach

SGHSAlum93

Guest nothingelsematters

Harig and the Prices are qualified and I would choose Harig over the Prices for the fact that he has more experience and has proven to be competitive over a long period of time. The Prices might be just a CC phenomenon that might not work anywhere but CC. Also how much cash are they trying to get and can Knox Co work a package deal since a DC (Lane) is already in place. They are brought up as candidates every time a job comes open but they are still at the only place they are marketable. I wish Harig would have taken the Bearden job last year. I think he could have had success. He is a proven winner.

Cobble? Why?

Are these all the options the search committee can come up with? What is the plan and timetable? Has the decision already been made for Lane to be the HC?

Today he committed to Wofford University...they are getting a steal if u ask me. Congrats to the young man regardless!

I agree. I sent an email to the recruiting coordinator at Appalachain State 2 or 3 days ago telling him about this kid. I believe he can play at that level. I'm happy he got the Wofford offer.

Coach Lane is an outstanding football coach and has done a great job with the West defense.  I was told this morning that he is working on teaching certification that would allow him to apply for that job.  A lot of folks whom I have talked to and are close to the West program feel like you do, that he would be a great choice for that position.  

If he has enough time (5 yrs. i believe) with the school, he can coach without certification...without teaching at all actually. If not, it would be difficult for the director to approve the hire, as waivers are not supposed to be granted for positions applied for by certified personnel.