West High School's next Head Coach

SGHSAlum93

Interestingly enough, the former West coach was the target by then Bearden AD Shinlever and the Bearden principal and it's my understanding that it was close to being done before a couple of last minute snags doomed that particular hire. Apparently Shinlever really didn't become the target until late in the process.    

Coach Shinlever did have to give up his administrative position and go back in the classroom when he was hired as the football coach, however.  

Was it mandatory?  Jody Wright is the head coach and assistant principal (AD), so is Clark Duncan at South-Doyle.  

Any news on when a coach might be named? Also, any word on who the finalists for the job are?

You seemed to be the insider that for sure knew that Cobble, Hraig, and the Price twins interviewed. Thought you would have some more info, guess not. Anyways, any of you real insiders know what is going on? Interesting the administration has let it drag out this long. It was mentioned that there are two finalists, anyone care to share who they are?

Interestingly enough, the former West coach was the target by then Bearden AD Shinlever and the Bearden principal and it's my understanding that it was close to being done before a couple of last minute snags doomed that particular hire. Apparently Shinlever really didn't become the target until late in the process.    

Coach Shinlever did have to give up his administrative position and go back in the classroom when he was hired as the football coach, however.  

From what I have heard, the former West coach was looking like the man for the job and when that fell through it was between Shinlever and Harig. At that point, Shinlever was no longer involved in the hiring process and there was talk of him leaving administration and being in the classroom (not sure if this was BHS administrative call or if it came from higher up.) At this point, it became evident, as I stated before, that BHS was going with Shinlever, so Harig withdrew his name. So please keep laughing, for the AD did not hire himself, but rather stepped down and then accepted a position. 

From what I have heard, the former West coach was looking like the man for the job and when that fell through it was between Shinlever and Harig. At that point, Shinlever was no longer involved in the hiring process and there was talk of him leaving administration and being in the classroom (not sure if this was BHS administrative call or if it came from higher up.) At this point, it became evident, as I stated before, that BHS was going with Shinlever, so Harig withdrew his name. So please keep laughing, for the AD did not hire himself, but rather stepped down and then accepted a position. 

Yep, Coach Shinlever was on my show after he was hired, and he told a very similar story  Once he decided he wanted to be considered a serious candidate he was no longer part of the hiring process.