The Demise of Athletics in Cheatham County

GreenHornet

Eric Hatley is the new head football coach of the Cheatham County Cubs. This is the same guy who a certain former Cubs athletic director attempted to hire back in the spring of 2013. Three bad hires and a lot of turnover later the Cubs finally make a "good" hire. Good Job Cheatham County!

Not even a guy named Stan could make a mess of a decision this obvious. LOL!

Now let's see who Sycamore hires. I have heard that former Creek Wood head coach Chuck Daniel and current West Creek head coach John Offut have sent in their resumes. I'm also curious to see will they entertain if former War Eagles head coach Gary Halstead puts in for the position.

1.). Spangler '51-'69

2.). Jarreau '70

3.). Bishop '71

4.). Gibbs '72-'74

5.). C. Daniel '75-'76

6.). B. Daniel '77-'78

7.). Crass '79-'82

8.). B. Daniel (again) '83-'84

9.). Clayton '85-'86

10.). Stack '87-'90

11.). Butler '91-'93

12.). Arrington '94-'96

13.). Tharp '97

14.). Randolph '98-'99

15.). Boyd '00-'01

16.). Finley '02-'12

17.). Jakobik '13

18.). Mintz '13-'14

19.). Bain '15

20.). Hatley '15

There cannot be many schools statewide with this much coaching turnover through the years. It's a lot without question.

I guess now that it's official everyone can say "congratulations" to Eric Hatley on being named the head football coach at Cheatham County Central High School. If this hire had been made two years ago there is no question that the football program at CCCHS would have remained at a playoff level in both 2013 and 2014. Guys like Desmond Sweatt, Trey Morrow, David Wood, Jeff Newman, Shane Keegan, Bryce Beamer, Matt Brown, Kevin Bennett, Nathaniel Jock, Hank White, Nick Owen, and Willie Presley were all letterman who saw extensive playing time for the Cubs during their 2012 State Quarterfinal Playoff Season. Those guys deserved far more than the 3-17/3 coaches in 2 years product they were given the last two years.

I am sure that with Coach Hatley in charge the Cubs football program will once again be winning games and contending for playoff positions in the not too distant future. Good Luck Cubs!