Grundy HC Search

Birddog

Corruption? I understand the small town politics remark because it's true now and has been true for as long as I can remember. It's also true in every other small county. But corruption? Where is there corruption in this coaching change? I don't get that one at all.

Politics...yes....just like there will be politics involved in the new hire....no matter who it is.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my good man truth be told the numbers for that particular age group were always low even in pee-wee. That is something that the neither the best high school coach nor middle school coach can fix in a small community. No matter who gets hired at this point it won't take all that long to determine if forcing a good man out will result in a dramatic increase in wins.

So until then we can just sit back and watch as the truth comes to light, was this an honest attempt at taking Grundy from good to great or just another example of small town politics and corruption.

I never said he wasn't a good man, but getting 4 quality wins in 6 years is a long way from good. I would say its a shot at taking grundy from mediocre to decent. How do you know the numbers cant be increased? What did the ex coach ever do to try and increase those numbers? He didn't do anything to increase them or provide stability to HIS feeder program, so scream corruption all you want. You want to keep your coaching job? you better win some ball games that mean something. The crown jewel win was against a Sequatchie team that didn't have a great year. Not only was the man beat in games against quality opponents, his teams were mercy ruled in most cases, giving up season high scores to several teams.

cor·rup·tion

noun \kÉ™-ˈrÉ™p-shÉ™n\

: dishonest or illegal behavior especially by powerful people (such as government officials or police officers)

I cannot prove anything it's just an opinion but I do believe there have been powerful people that have been dishonest in this process. Not anything illegal by no means but dishonest possibly.

Not going to call his name but if he really got an interview WOW is all I can say. Winning % in Tn is 34%. And we wouldn't even call Sam back. Nice!!!!!

This is getting old. You need to understand that EVERYONE who has turned in an application has been or will be interviewed. Has Sam turned in an application? If not then it's on him.

cor·rup·tion

noun \kÉ™-ˈrÉ™p-shÉ™n\

: dishonest or illegal behavior especially by powerful people (such as government officials or police officers)

I cannot prove anything it's just an opinion but I do believe there have been powerful people that have been dishonest in this process. Not anything illegal by no means but dishonest possibly.

I was familar with the definition.....

Dishonest how?

Numbers are more influenced by little league coaches and Middle School coaches which if I'm not wrong the High School coach had no influence on the hiring.

I'd say that's on the money. Of course a big issue in the youth numbers is that the Hornets program has gone under. It would help a lot if both the Hornets and the Bulldogs had full 10-11 year old teams. I'm not big on the younger groups. There's really no benefit in kids playing football younger than 4-5 grade. It just for parents, pictures and lots of bad things. If we had two 10-11 teams with at least 25 each and then a solid middle school team we could improve. The middle school team took a big step last season. I hope that can continue.

I'd say that's on the money. Of course a big issue in the youth numbers is that the Hornets program has gone under. It would help a lot if both the Hornets and the Bulldogs had full 10-11 year old teams. I'm not big on the younger groups. There's really no benefit in kids playing football younger than 4-5 grade. It just for parents, pictures and lots of bad things. If we had two 10-11 teams with at least 25 each and then a solid middle school team we could improve. The middle school team took a big step last season. I hope that can continue.

Exactly. I hope a new coach can inspire 10-11yr old kids but I don't think it's all on the high school coach if they decide not to play. I hope the best for Grundy but forcing a good man out over a win or two a year I don't agree with.

Grundy is very unique in the fact as a poster said there are seven or eight schools feeding the high school. In my opinion, which means little, there shouldn't be a north and south Grundy little league. It should only be one team. Y'all's problems are woes that Marion counties as fatwas consolidating. Our schools should have been put together at the high school level about twenty years ago but mostly what's keeping it from happening are older people that refuse to give up a football rivalry.

When is a coach supposed to be named? Hopefully the powers that be will make the best decision possible to take the jackets to the next level