Single A district champs

FutureCOY

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 15A is still to be decided. I know Middleton is undefeated but Riverside is a team to watch. Last time they played Middleton won by 1 point at Riverside. These two teams play tomorrow night at Middleton. Middleton lost Sr player D. Faulkner to an ACL tear the last couple of weeks and Riverside may be able to take advantage. These two will likely meet in the district tournament as well. As a general fan of basketball in the area I wish I could be at this game tomorrow night.

I think that Middleton is still the better team...last time they were in the "waiting for our star to return" mode. They have now had two weeks to adjust to the fact that she's not there. It wouldn't shock me if they lose one to Riverside (probably play three more), but it won't surprise me if they win all three by a comfortable margin either. Riverside is a rough team (bordering on dirty rough), and ref's will impact the outcome by how tight the whistle's are... generally the best calling for a teams style of play will be at home, and Middleton won a close one at the Panthers house. At Middleton in reg. season, at Adamsville in dist. tourney, and at TCA for regionals, the calling should favor Middleton's style of play more. Should be interesting to see how Riverside responds to a game called pretty tight...if they adjust, they could give Middleton a good game...if not they could be blown out.

Looks like Lady Rams will win District 3A. They are 10-0 in district with 2 to play. Their only losses this year have been to AAA Bearden, AAA Science Hill, Knoxville Webb in overtime and a Loss at Oliver Springs, always a tough place to win if you know what I mean. Grace should make another good run in tournament play

what do you mean?

Looks like Lady Rams will win District 3A. They are 10-0 in district with 2 to play. Their only losses this year have been to AAA Bearden, AAA Science Hill, Knoxville Webb in overtime and a Loss at Oliver Springs, always a tough place to win if you know what I mean. Grace should make another good run in tournament play

Nothing wrapped up yet , I think Meigs is starting to peak at the right time, looking foward to next weeks showdown at Meigs!

1 for 3 but all really good games! Would love to know how the refs called the Middleton v Riverside game. Anyone that was there please post.

Trader, I couldnt agree with you more on Riverside's style of play!

Riverside (as a whole) is a physical team...nothing "wrong" with playing that brand of basketball, just that you never know how tight the game will be called, and depth may come into the equation via foul trouble. On the other hand,one player (I wont specify) is just plain dirty. I also have a problem with the coach's reaction to some of her "cheap shots"...two hands in the back, sending a defensless player into the bench after a turnover. Coaches need to realize the impact that they have on impressionable teenagers, and use that influence to promote sportsmanship and character...benching her for the last minute or so of the game (which was in hand) would have been much better than the big smile and high five that she got...just my thoughts.

I am pretty sure I was at the game you are referring to trader to  and will have to disagree on your comments.  The player you are talking about did push the girl to the floor which was uncalled for but she did not shove her into the bench and I am very certain there were no high fives from the coach as you mentioned.  As I have watched several basketball games this year I have witnessed several other players shove girls from behind "two hands in the back" it happens. Emotions sometimes get the best of these young girls.

I am pretty sure I was at the game you are referring to trader to  and will have to disagree on your comments.  The player you are talking about did push the girl to the floor which was uncalled for but she did not shove her into the bench and I am very certain there were no high fives from the coach as you mentioned.  As I have watched several basketball games this year I have witnessed several other players shove girls from behind "two hands in the back" it happens. Emotions sometimes get the best of these young girls.

Just curious, Coolwater. Since you have seen several of Riverside's games, would you consider the player in question to be "dirty" in your opinion?

mcon,

how does the city championship work and when is it? DIstrict 16A is a tough one to figure out because everyone doesn't play everyone else.

The City Champion is given the one seed and the winner up is given the 2 seed after that everyone is else ranked by district record

mcon,

how does the city championship work and when is it? DIstrict 16A is a tough one to figure out because everyone doesn't play everyone else.

The City championship works with District 16 A being spilt in two with 8 teams on each side the two teams with the best record from each side play for the City championship it should be this Sunday