T$$AA should lift the ban on York Institute for post season play!

oldkodger

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be lifted from BOTH schools, especially since the Pickett Co. players had nothing to do with the punch the York player threw. The player, or in other cases, players should be punished, not players not even involved. Any fan involved should also be banned from attending games. Yes, TSSAA is a joke and public schools should QUIT TSSAA and from their own association and let TSSAA have the private schools they love so much! Why should freshmen who weren't even on the teams last year have to suffer?

pickett co. had alot of 'political' help plus there players did not fight. however, i thought a 2 year ban was excessive.it's not gonna get lifted this year but i can tell you this. york will be the team to beat next year in AA.

You are always knocking Pickett County. Why? Why are you so bitter? And just what "political power" does Pickett Co. have? Please explain just what power they have in detail, or is this another case of, "tell a lie often enough and people will believe it?" The fact is NO Pickett player was involved and is why they got less punishment.

The inconsistencies in punishment from TSSAA is what everyone should be focusing on. TSSAA needs set guidelines for punishment on incidents and publish those guidelines to the member schools. I understand there are "exceptions" that would have to be handled accordingly. The York / Maryville deal then throw in the inconsistent punishment levied against MBA / GCA should call for immediate reform in the guidelines. The real problem lies in the fact that all member schools allow TSSAA to continue to operate without accountability. Trust me, I don't have any sour grapes about what happened to GCA. We deserved to be punished, and man, were we hammered. That punishment would have been fine, except the MBA case came to light (after TSSAA went to court to fight revealing the findings of their investigation). We got 2 yrs post season ban. MBA was found to be violating the same rule for "decades" and didn't miss a playoff game. They were given the "Maryville Probation".

Just be consistent. If a school breaks the rules, punish them. If another school breaks the same rule, impose the same punishment. Pretty simple.