T$$AA should lift the ban on York Institute for post season play!

oldkodger

I am a LA fan but it is ridiculous that the Dragons have to miss a 2nd year of post season play. While WB and Maryville only get probation and couple games suspension. I know the football powerhouse brings in a lot of money and we all know money talks. Two years ban is way too extreme! Come on t$$aa and make it right. Allow the boys to compete.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a LA fan but it is ridiculous that the Dragons have to miss a 2nd year of post season play. While WB and Maryville only get probation and couple games suspension. I know the football powerhouse brings in a lot of money and we all know money talks. Two years ban is way too extreme! Come on t$$aa and make it right. Allow the boys to compete.

I agree 100%! Asked that question when coacht posted the news on Facebook. I asked, so how is this different from York?

I would be at TSSAA Monday morning if I was York administration.

Your right! The whole community should show up. Its a shame they allow private schools to recruit aau players from other states & compete against public schools but they wont allow the kids from a small community (that have nothing else to do) to compete

Maryville has a very large alumni with alot of football state championships. That alumni feeds "the system"! Prob several employed by T$$AA. The boys on the mtn never even cross their minds. Definetly a double standard! Im not saying condemn Maryville, dont condemn York!

Seems to me the Fight that York needs to Fight and argue is the fact that Pickett County was allowed to Participate in Post Season and York was Not...Afterall, thats the 2 parties that were involved....Just makes sense to me

Seems to me the Fight that York needs to Fight and argue is the fact that Pickett County was allowed to Participate in Post Season and York was Not...Afterall, thats the 2 parties that were involved....Just makes sense to me

That was brought up. The PC coach did a great job keeping his players out of the fight and bench somewhat contained. Fight was with PC crowd. I think barring any team from tourney play (unless it was in the tourney) is extreme. ESPECIALLY if you are not holding all teams to that standard!