State Duels Brackets

fooseball96

Non-profit doesn't mean no one makes a profit. It only means there are no shareholders in the organization. If a profit is made (non ever is. Any extra money can be paid out to "consultants" or whoever else they see fit to pay it out to) then the money is simply put back into the organization. 

Some of the wealthiest people in our country are very involved in non-profits.

Rather than complain about the AG center, why not take what you feel is the issue and make it into a place wrestling would be proud to be there?

The four main issues that are being talked about are as follows:

1. The air quality due to being in an agriculture center.

2. The lighting is poor and it is difficult to see the action

3. Fans are to far from the action

4. No shower for the wrestlers & officials

How can the above issues be resolved?

If the TSSAA & national federation are going to preach hygiene and conduct skin checks, showers must be provided for the athletes. What about the air quality? It's being reported that someone is going to take air quality samples this year as some people with respiratory problems have complained after watching the tournament. The fan experience is diminished due to being so far from the action and the poor lighting.

Please tell me how the above mentioned issues can be resolved without moving to another venue?

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 1

PS: Austin Peay did a great job on 8 mats for less then 500 participants,  ! minute rounds, 50% pins and no mandatory rest period between matches.  Alot of kids in the consolations only had 10 minutes between matches.  You can not mathmatically do that under HS rules,  Not TSSAA rules...National assciation rules.

only the little kids are 1 minute periods, the oldest kids age group is 90 second periods and middle school id longer as well if Im not mistaken. Also they do this in 1 day, surely it could be done in three days on 8 mats if you cut out all the breaks.

If the TSSAA & national federation is going to preach hygiene and conduct skin checks, showers must be provided for the athletes. What about the air quality? It's being reported that someone is going to take air quality samples this year as some people with respiratory problems have complained after watching the tournament. The fan experience is diminished due to being so far from the action and the poor lighting.

Please tell me how the above mentioned issues can be resolved without moving to another venue?

All of the wrestlers Ive talked to said its about 50 degrees down on the floor and the mats are as hard as rocks. From a fan perspective  the atmosphere  just isn't as exciting in that venue, Ive also heard the kids say the same thing.

If the TSSAA & national federation is going to preach hygiene and conduct skin checks, showers must be provided for the athletes. What about the air quality? It's being reported that someone is going to take air quality samples this year as some people with respiratory problems have complained after watching the tournament. The fan experience is diminished due to being so far from the action and the poor lighting.

I think you are going to find that the air handlers they put in these arenas are massive and are designed to treat the air while rodeo events are going on will be more effective with a covered floor during a wrestling tournament.  The thought of what I hear being done versus what is actually being done generally far apart.  No one is going to accept an air test that isnt conducted by an outside source that would likely test hospital clean air rooms or at least on that level.  I hear rumors of air effects, but nothing substantiated.

If you move to any arena that can provide the logistics (mats)  you will be far from the action. It is a much much better situation for the officials and staff to run the event.

That wont get better moving to another arena.  I would be in favor of bringing in small bleachers closer to the mat for people that want to pay an up charge for that privilege.

I wouldnt mind seeing some of those dome lights some wrestling venues use to spotlight the mats.  Sometimes those things create more problems but I think that could be overcome.

Showers would be a nice addition.  I completely agree here.

Now again the issue is the arena is being donated for free.  That means the arena people, nor the county, make any revenue from the event.  I cant see any negotiating leverage with the arena to make those renovations, it doesnt make sense.  You might possibly get them to consider showers as other events would likely consider that a positive reason to come and rent the arena.

The surrounding area (cool springs ) merchants might have a bit more at stake.  Does anyone know of the economic impact to the community?  it was a pretty big deal when the Dual State moved out of Clarksville because of that.  Probably some impact on Chattanooga when the individuals went to the AG center.  Nashville likely didnt notice.  Franklin and Brentwood might.  

I think the consideration is to help fix what you dont like rather than trying to find a competing venue for free.  I just dont see that happening.  

What ship is Cleveland taking?  There is a 1-1 record between the two teams this year, BCHS with the largest margin win. The second match-up BCHS wrestled straight up and Cleveland bumped winning from a tied match.

Its going to be an incredible dual. The team that wins will be the team that didn't hold anything back!

And now back to wrestling. Just curious. Cleveland bumped wrestlers Bradley wrestled straight up who do you think Bradley could bump and change the outcome from more than 3 points? Not being smart just wondering. I don't think Fuller would go against Debian they'd risk losing 126 he has to wrestle who ever Cleveland sends out in my opinion cause if Landers is at 126 for Cleveland then he would probably beat who ever Bradley replaced Fuller with and still lose to Debian so I think Fuller stays in place and faces who ever is there. With Landers Cleveland can go 132 with him or 238 with Debian. Does Brown move up for Bradley to what 220. I think the middle weights for Bradley will stay the same. The heavyweight for Cleveland wins period. Going to be interesting if they both stay on course. Bonus points wins it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't expect for Taylor at 145 would lose again either

yes i agree. Ezra has way too much heart and determination to let that happen again I think. Not taking anything away from Beyer, the kid is a stud. I just think when it comes down to it, Taylor doesn't lose again

yes i agree. Ezra has way too much heart and determination to let that happen again I think. Not taking anything away from Beyer, the kid is a stud. I just think when it comes down to it, Taylor doesn't lose again

Right the Beyer kid has come out of nowhere and is a stud. But I don't think Ezra will overlook him this time