State Duels Brackets

fooseball96

How bout...

MTSU' Cow Palace could be an alternative?

Tennessee Livestock Center Amenities

Main Arena

230' x 100' that will accommodate 4,550 people in temperature controlled comfort . 155,000 square feet of space.

Sufficient Parking + 30-40 minutes less travel time for Chattanooga, Cleveland, Knoxville, Cookeville, and Tri-cities area families

I believe an all out effort was made to change venue location last year. I don't believe that

It worked. Anyone like to comment on the response given by TSSAA ?

If it isn't FREE, you don't have a chance to

get it moved. Sounds like a new thread is

about to start ?

Edited by HSDAD

I wish it would come back to Chattanooga but unfortunately I don't think its leaving the cow palace anytime soon but I guess that's another story. "Actually anywhere in middle tenn would be better than there. (T$$aa)"

Actually anywhere else in the known universe would be better than there.

I was told to my face by a very informed administrator last spring that this would be the last year at the Cow Palace. But I'm beginning to lose faith in that statement. I'm personally going to see to it that air and soil samples are taken there this year. I'm even willing to incur any expense myself. I'd would also like any and all coaches/parents that have a kid come up with a skin infection just after competing there to contact me. If anyone is interested in helping please contact me.

Ben Reichel 423-432-2514

Edited by russianbear

Actually anywhere else in the known universe would be better than there.

I was told to my face by a very informed administrator last spring that this would be the last year at the Cow Palace. But I'm beginning to lose faith in that statement. I'm personally going to see to it that air and soil samples are taken there this year. I'm even willing to incur any expense myself. I'd would also like any and all coaches/parents that have a kid come up with a skin infection just prior to competing there to contact me. If anyone is interested in helping please contact me.

Ben Reichel 423-432-2514

I agree with it being anywhere else. I was just saying middle Tenn to make easier for everyone. If it was my choice it would still be in Chattanooga

Belmont University, David Lipscomb University or Austin Peay State University would all be great venues for the state duals. The individual state tournament would have to be moved to Municipal Auditorium or Austin Peay if it stays in Middle Tennessee due to seating. I have been informed that Austin Peay is willing to meet the same financial obligations as the Cow Palace.

Belmont University, David Lipscomb University or Austin Peay State University would all be great venues for the state duals. The individual state tournament would have to be moved to Municipal Auditorium or Austin Peay if it stays in Middle Tennessee due to seating. I have been informed that Austin Peay is willing to meet the same financial obligations as the Cow Palace.

Austin peays venue would be great. Would it hold enough mats?

The team that scores the most bonus points will win "BIG" dual matches. If the state duals could be held anywhere but the COW PALACE in Franklin, Tennessee the atmosphere between Bradley Central/Cleveland & Baylor/Father Ryan would be fabulous.

I agree! Its not that middle Tennessee is a bad spot, it is the place in which its held. Its fun to have a little bit of a crowd cluster instead of being so spread out! It tones the competitive atmosphere way down in the stands. 

AP's facilities did hold enough mats...and from what I've gathered the tournament ran smooth and parents enjoyed the views from the stands...The tournament was held there specifically to show the TSSAA that they can hold a prestigious tournament...

If they agreed to have it there for free, then what the heck are they waiting on

If they agreed to have it there for free, then what the heck are they waiting on

someone get TSSAA on the line. Anywhere is better than the cow palace. I was lucky that it was still at McKenzie when i was in school. The atmosphere of a true collegiate venue is amazing. And I think every kid that had to transition to the cow palace for state after being in chatt for state their first year or 2 would tell you they don't see it being about them but more about money. Edited by Bump11