Region 7

HC80

What happened to Mj 145, missing from bracket?

He has (getting ready to kill this) psoriasis. Very sad the kid has wrestled since he was a kid. I had watery eyes when I watched the officials override doctors note. Open sores they said look to much like infantigo. He has wrestled wrapped for many years and come his senior year regionals they say no. It was rough.

He has (getting ready to kill this) psoriasis. Very sad the kid has wrestled since he was a kid. I had watery eyes when I watched the officials override doctors note. Open sores they said look to much like infantigo. He has wrestled wrapped for many years and come his senior year regionals they say no. It was rough.

I suggest before posting any information you have the facts. The skin form was not for psoriasis, but for a highly contagious skin infection that had not met the required treatment period set forth by the NFHS.

I suggest before posting any information you have the facts. The skin form was not for psoriasis, but for a highly contagious skin infection that had not met the required treatment period set forth by the NFH

I do know what i'm talking about. They went to the doctor (not their normal one) He was out for some reason. The other doctor wrote on the form possible psoriasis or infantigo. He has had the forms his whole wrestling career. If they would have brought the other forms all saying the same thing he would have been fine to wrestle wrapped as he always does. I cant remember ever seeing the kid not wrestle wrapped. The parents didn't read the form because it is something they have dealt with weekly and has become redundant. That was a mistake. Always read the form. The forms expire monthly or bi-monthly. I got it from the source. What was yours, a kid, a coach, a parent. How would you know? Why don't you ask the parents as I did. They were sitting 2 feet from me. I was 10 feet from the meeting.

The note said scabies with possible or slight impetego.

The note was done the day before. Per the note you can wrestle 24 hours after treatment starts with scabies but with impetegol you have to be treated for 72 hours. If the dr didint know if it was impetego they shouldnt have written that down.

and I've seen this boy for the past 4 years and I know its psoriasis and its a chronic condition and that is not contagious . I feel bad for him.

Edited by CoachKramer

Yes, The officials did the right thing. It sucks bad but still right decision. The parents told me it wasn't the normal doctor at the same  medical practice. The parents didn't look at the letter. This was a mistake on their behalf. Thinking it was the same as the 100's before. Everyone that knows the kid knows what the condition is and always has been. Just hate for someone to tell me I don't know what i'm talking about. I get enough of that at home with the wife don't need it here too.    Sooooooooo with that being said.......way to go for our district, Wilson Central 1st, Beech 2nd, Mt. Juliet 3rd. Great wrestling within the entire region. Having 2 of the top 4 team in the state AAA kinda makes it hard to get any love for us bears as a team. It's  Kinda like being the 2nd string wrestler on a team that if you were anywhere else you would start.

It's hard to watch these strong programs taking over our district. Beech and W.C. programs - with their strong feeders, out of season training, in season instruction and coaching, and templates for success --- will keep them on top.

Until those who make the calls at other schools recognize the difference and make changes, there will be no way to compete at the same level.

Sit back and watch Hunters dad. Mt. Juliet will send one freshman, four sophomores, a junior and a senior to the state tournament this weekend. The feeder program is strong and the commitment level is high so just sit back and watch. May not overtake your elite teams this weekend but the Bears appear to be closing the gap..............fast.

Last post on this subject. As you can see from my profile, I don't participate in the opinion banter – my postings are clearly factual, based on direct personal experience. My compliments on a nice 180 by the way. I will violate my own participation rule this time only – you have done more harm than good in a very unfortunate situation. Much like the media blasting a headline, then printing a correction on page 3 two days later – the damage has been done.

You are correct on a few things – I did not have your prospective from the stands. I was not two feet away from the parents nor was I 10 feet away from the meeting that the MJ coaching staff had with the parents. My role and responsibilities at the Region 7 tournament were that of Head Official, and I also the official who weighed in the MJ team. Now that we have the prospective straight in everyone’s minds – let’s review your errors.  Error#1 – We did not override the NFHS form(doctor’s note). Error #2 – The form stated “Scabies with Secondary Impetigo†Error#3 – Psoriasis was not on the form presented to me. Error#4 – Wrapping an affected area has no bearing on whether a wrestling can participate. Error#5 – A Psoriasis form does not expire – it is good for the entire wrestling season. So my advice to you is to deal only in the facts, not the “facts†as you see them.

Additional factual information availble by follow this web link.

http://www.nfhs.org/media/1014203/wrestling_skin_lesion_form_2014-15.pdf