Region 7

HC80

Sit back and watch Hunters dad. Mt. Juliet will send one freshman, four sophomores, a junior and a senior to the state tournament this weekend. The feeder program is strong and the commitment level is high so just sit back and watch. May not overtake your elite teams this weekend but the Bears appear to be closing the gap..............fast.

Take those glasses off. You just keeping posting it and maybe some will believe. You had one to win it this weekend ? He and Edens placed 6th last year.

Those elite teams are in your district. I believe MJ even lost to Lebanon at the last dual ? There is a difference in participation and excelling. There have been years before your involvement that saw success. There were outsiders who intervened.

Yes I will be watching. Can you explain why W.C. has become dominant and MJ has lost team strength? There is a difference in the template for success. MJ does not even come close to realizing the commitment that is needed to develop a top team.

Good luck to the Bears this weekend. I hope that you will be able to score atleast half the points scored in 2010 or 2011

Edited by HSDAD

Take those glasses off. You just keeping posting it and maybe some will believe. You had one to win it this weekend ? He and Edens placed 6th last year.

Those elite teams are in your district. I believe MJ even lost to Lebanon at the last dual ? There is a difference in participation and excelling. There have been years before your involvement that saw success. There were outsiders who intervened.

Yes I will be watching. Can you explain why W.C. has become dominant and MJ has not. There is a difference in the template for success.

I do believe it because everything I posted is true, no rose colored glasses here. Not worried about other teams, templates and past performances, just concerned with the future of the Bears. Not looking back just looking forward and it looks good Hunters dad. 

Glad you are happy with it. The future is determined by what you are or are not doing today, next couple months , over the summer, preseason, etc... ( template ) OR. Maybe learning from the past ( what works or doesn't )

Good luck.

Didn't your son win a state championship at Mt. Juliet after transferring from Wilson Central? I think it worked then.........................

I would keep my eyes on both Mt Juliet and Lebanon HS in the very near future. If they hang on to the kids they have coming up through the youth and MS teams they will both be very tough. For the 7 years that I've been back to TN Mt Juliet has always had a good youth and MS program but some of their guys got sucked up by other HS teams. I believe they are holding on to their guys now. Lebanon has a great youth and MS program now too. Region 7 is tough now, but here shortly it is about to explode with talent.

Edited by deadlift

Didn't your son win a state championship at Mt. Juliet after transferring from Wilson Central? I think it worked then.........................

didnt he then get kicked off the team at Cumberland? Guys this isn't about the past, and it's not even really about the feeder programs. Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central could have the exact same feeder program and get duplicates of the others incoming freshman, and they would be better at Central because of coaching. Because of the work and heart and time and commitment that Kramer and Hamm put into those kids. That's why they are good. An earlier post said, Kramer and Hamm don't "find" talent. They aren't "given" talent from the feeder programs, they DEVELOPE it. They turn those kids into the wrestlers they are. The same can be said for Beech and Hendersonville.. A lot of the kids in Beech's line up, wrestled in Hendersonvilles feeder program. Would they have had this much success at Hendersonville? I bet not. Because Roberts invests everything he has into those kids.. Not just the ones with potential, all of them. Point blank. It's not about where the kids come from before they get there, it's about what the coaches are willing to invest in them while they're there. Now, I honestly believe the post above is true about MJ and Lebanon being on he rise. Lebanon as a gem in Sesnan and Mount Juliet one in Wilkins. But they have to invest in the other kids and do everything they can to make them better, if hey want to compete in that district. Like Kramer has, like Hamm has, like Roberts has. Beech and Central used to be towards the bottom of the region, but because of what the coaches have done and how much harder they have worked those kids, they are now 2 of the states power houses. And as long has those 3 remain coaches, that won't change. Because of the fact that they developed talent from what they have. They aren't just handed talent (with the exception of a couple kids) Edited by Bump11

He was a very lean 215 as a sophomore. W.C. already had a good ranked hwt a year ahead of him. Big country and Hunter battled well after he left Central. (Rezoning option)

Again, you respond to my post after you acknowledge the fact that I know what I'm talking about? For those two years I experienced the program and went outside of it to get him what

he needed. Coach Trick, Coach Smith, Coach

Seaman, and Coach Swint as well many other

coaches in the middle tn area worked hard with

him and others on the MJ team.

They provided more than just instruction. To excel and compete with the elite, there must be a plan. BTW, do those highly qualified coaches work to help the current program ?

He was a very lean 215 as a sophomore. W.C. already had a good ranked hwt a year ahead of him. Big country and Hunter battled well after he left Central. (Rezoning option)

Again, you respond to my post after you acknowledge the fact that I know what I'm talking about? For those two years I experienced the program and went outside of it to get him what

he needed. Coach Trick, Coach Smith, Coach

Seaman, and Coach Swint as well many other

coaches in the middle tn area worked hard with

him and others on the MJ team.

They provided more than just instruction. To excel and compete with the elite, there must be a plan. BTW, do those highly qualified coaches work to help the current program ?

Hunter didn't win because he transferred. he would've won at central too had he not transferred..just saying. I do remember a time when the Bears were on top of region 7 though. They had some talented kids 5-6 years ago and a strong line up. But Wilson didn't pass them up because of anything less than coaching

I didn't know Kramer was taking over when he left. If he would have stayed under the old coaching staff at W.C. , he would not have won state. No one had ever placed at W.C. before Kramer. There were plenty of quality wrestlers that should have placed before Kramer arrived.

Just the facts. . .

Edited by HSDAD

I didn't know Kramer was taking over when he left. If he would have stayed under the old coaching staff at W.C. , he would not have won state. No one had ever placed at W.C. before Kramer. There were plenty of quality wrestlers that should have placed before Kramer arrived.

Just the facts. . .

i agree. But they also hadn't had anyone with the raw talent hunter had. I had never seen a heavyweight cradle like a lightweight til I watched hunter roll up the defending Alabama hw state champ as a junior. I agree he would've been better had Kramer been there, but I think he could have made a run at a title based off of his talent level alone

Lol. Arab hwt. Whose father asked Hunter before the finals if he would be OK with him posting a video of his son beating him on youtube.

Never saw that video

Kramer would have made him better for sure, but they already had a ranked hwt who was a semior.

Edited by HSDAD