District 12A Tournament Picks

coachcarterfan

Im just going to say we will take our one all district player and head home with the tournament championship. These girls in blue deserve all the credit in the world for doing what 4 teams in the district said they could not do-win the tournament. Congratulations LADY EAGLES!!!!!!!

Frank Hughes, you deserve a huge pat on the back as well. To come from the 6 seed and end as the runner up you accomplished alot. And you battled all night in the championship. Hats off to the Lady Lions!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vandychris, not sure what statement you are trying to make. Bullshark was referring to district 7 and you brung up a 30-1 (12-0 in the district) from district 5. The lose to Collinwood happened in a Christmas tourney and I would think the focus of the Houston County team at this point of the season is probably a little more intense. I agree that it was a big win for the Lady Eagles. But district 7 is a power is a district.

You guys can't compete with district 7A. If you don't believe me , just ask them!(7A)

Down here it's y'all. Last year 12A's District Tournament 4th place team competed very well with 7A's District Champion losing a close game in the State semi-finals. This year 12A's District Tournament Champion was the 5th place team of regular season. 12A's team that was 4th in regular season gave 5A's District Champ their only loss for the season so far. With the stifling defense from 12A teams, they can compete with anybody from anywhere! Good luck!

From some kin folk in Linden i here the county is still under a lot of ice and most of these girls and boys live on backroads that never got scrapped off. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Lawrenceburg because i'll be sitting here all cozy in this house with my wife listening to Linden's broadcast. ihigh.com/perryco/

You had a tough one against Summertown, but a good win against Loretto. Stay warm and safe. The ice that hit last night has shut down a lot of areas.

Exactly Uknow...the way Summertown is playing defense these days with these freshmen, I wouldnt count them out of any game. To keep any team no matter who it is without a made basket from the floor until the 4 minute mark of the third quarter is quite an accomplishment for any team. Dont diminish that feat.

Are you serious?  They did not score a field goal until 20 minutes of game time is passed?  I would have to say that is extremely good defense and/or an inept offense.