district 14

stock68

Guru it dont matter what anyone thinks at this point about the kid..Geting his education is the most important thing for him..Sisco never tried to convert Stockdale over to a 2 guard becsuse he couldn't afford to..All he cares about is putting another ball in the case..After that its just ..thanks for your hard work and good luck in the future and have a good day!...It is what it is!..So let the kid do his talking on the court and at the end of the day his high school career numbers will not lie...And by the way..Im the other guy that has talked him up all year because I believe he has worked hard enough to earn my opinion. .Without Stockdale Union City goes nowhere.

I'm sorry but that is some BS, you hold a child back so you can get another gold ball. Since Stockdale been there. If he doesn't get Stockdale a free College education he failed as a coach, and last time I checked D3 does not offer scholarships. You ranting about his High School numbers but can he ply any position except power forward. If he so good of a coach he would know how to transition him into a guard and still chase a gold ball if he great Coach. Don't hold kids back. I hate to see coaches do that.

cope these guys don't have any idea whos a good  player and whos not. I was not saying he was a better player than simpson or dewberry. but if you think he cant play in d1 or d2 then you must not like the kid. As far as Mr. Basketball is concerned if you don't know by now that's all political then you don't know anything. you know yourself if you play ball you play where the coach tells you or you don't play end of story

cope these guys don't have any idea whos a good player and whos not. I was not saying he was a better player than simpson or dewberry. but if you think he cant play in d1 or d2 then you must not like the kid. As far as Mr. Basketball is concerned if you don't know by now that's all political then you don't know anything. you know yourself if you play ball you play where the coach tells you or you don't play end of story

He might slide bye in a small D2 but he cannot play D1 basketball and get minutes. I don't dislike the kid don't even know the kid, I saw him play a couple times and he is no Mr. Basketball Finalist, he is a good glue guy for the team that does everything that's needed and you need those type of players, don't hype him up to be better than what he is.

Everyone that was a Mr. Basketball finalist deserves it, no politics what so ever

The three that were nominated as finalist are deserving. Mr. Basketball is a high school award though. It shouldn't have anything to do with being a D1 prospect. To say that Stockdale is not also deserving is absurd. The kid averages as many points as Deberry (who is also a good kid and great player), but also averages over 9 boards, and leads the team in nearly every statistical category. It is NOT that he is a jack of all trades and a master of none, and his play on the court along with his statistics show that. How he was not nominated is beyond me, and if he is not the district MVP, or at least Co-MVP with Deberry, then it would be a shame because he is most certainly deserving.

Congrats to Union City tonight with their win over Humboldt and to Halls on their win over Lake Co.Hope UC beats Big Sandy, Humboldt beats Dresden, Halls beats Huntington and Lake Co beats Mzkenzie just so the tournament would be closer at Union City instead of at Mckenzie.Lets sweep District 14A.I think the key game will be Lc and Mckenzie.Think UC, Humboldt, and Halls will win

Edited by mrbigster

jgbell01 mr. basketball and district mvp had 9pts. and 3 rebounds tonight. the stockdale kid had 17 points and 14 rebounds. he was playing with a bad knee pretty good for a so called d3 player. but it is what it is. he does his talking on the floor.LOL

stats not the only reason for being nominated for Mr basketball.  Lots of other things count as well.  Wish UC basketball fans act like UC football fans and just be happy that a player from UC got the nomination.  It is a team sport, therefore, be proud of the team for the individual recognition (meaning it is good for UC to have a player nominated for Mr Basketball)  In the end, it is the gold ball that gets the special trophy case, not a name or picture of individual players.  Stock68, do you think making comments like this helps the team or divides the team?

Oh, by the way, congrats to UC team for winning tonight's game against Humboldt.  Look forward to the next round.  

Can we just please stop this because its crazy for you to still be on this like tssaa can change the finalist or something,and since you brought up football, union city had a Mr. Football finalist but he isn't going to a D1 college but Moffit is signed to MTSU just be happy for the kids and get a state championship, in 5 years this kids won't remember anything but championships that they one while in high school. Not stats nor awards but championships!

Please do not let these two guys be the voice for all UC fans we are very much proud for Deberry.

I agree...Truth be told, UC could have had BOTH Stockdale and Deberry nominated and you wouldn't have gotten an argument with me...Deberry is very deserving and so would have Stockdale...Main thing right now is a ring...Is this team going to hang banner #6 or are they going to be one of those really good UC teams that falls short ?...

Can we just please stop this because its crazy for you to still be on this like tssaa can change the finalist or something,and since you brought up football, union city had a Mr. Football finalist but he isn't going to a D1 college but Moffit is signed to MTSU just be happy for the kids and get a state championship, in 5 years this kids won't remember anything but championships that they one while in high school. Not stats nor awards but championships!

Like I said, the gold balls get the special trophy case.