district 14

stock68

I wouldn't expect you to know who is good and who isn't because you aren't a referee. 99% of fans have no clue who the best are or how to even assess a referees abilities. They base everything off of what they called against their team or off of a bad call. Referees at the highest level make terrible calls every now and then. It's impossible not to. Basketball is too hard of a game to referee perfectly. If you want to know who the best officials are then ask the coaches because I already have. They will give you the most honest opinion. Having said all that, I respect your opinion as everyone is entitled to one.

I'm just saying, the photos taken at the game that I saw, had Union City up double digits in every one from the 27-10 lead early until the 80-70 lead late...I'm not disputing what you have posted since you were there...

Union City gets the best from everyone...Don't go by what you saw last night as a gauge as to where they can beat Mitchell or not...UC will play at a different level against them...(If they even play)

Point well taken on pictures of scoreboard. I don't think you will see Mitchell until state tournament if both make it. I've seen UC play twice. Outstanding team and and I stated earlier they are a matchup nightmare. Im not real sure about their defense yet. I think Simpson is their best perimeter defender. Stockdale is obviously their best post defender. If they step up their defense they will be hard for anyone to beat with the exception of Mitchell. UC appears to have a solid bench as well. I don't think their bench has scoring firepower but they are athletic and play hard. It seems like their defense may be a little better when he rotates the players from the bench.

Bigster I havent saw you since you let your team down in December. .And now lake co plays an awsome game against UC and you come out of hiding!..Im sure UC remembers well what happened 2 yrs ago..Lightning could strike twice..Time will tell.

lc also played UC pretty tough the last time they played.About a 6 or 7 point game until LC had to foul

Bigred2000 I was also at the game and if that young ref. is in top 7 I would would hate to see the rest. He was really aweful. Tca I saw the same things you did.

I agree.Bigred seems to think this guy is top 7 which now reveals how terrible officiating is as a whole.I have seen the young guy several times.He cost Lake Co girls a game at UC earlier this year with LC leading by 1 point with 9 seconds left and LC had the ball and UC trying to foul.UC player Shoved LC player and he said she moved pivot foot after being shoved.UC scored at the buzzer.Maybe he just doesn't like LC.As far as not calling what they don't actually see.They sure didn't see much UC was doing.The older official called a foul on Blevins on a UC fast break when he was 10 feet behind the play.I told a buddy no way he could see from that angle and where he was.He assummed it had to be a foul.never know about howva game would turn out with different officials.I wish TSSAA would get officials during district play instead of waiting for regionals.Although that game didn't elimanate LC, there are playin games that could cost a team their season.And not becaus e he may have a dislike for a certain team but maybe he has done more games involving a certain team and maybe can be intimidated by a certain coach . And by the way Bigred.Glad to kniw we don't know about officiating.TCA isn't from LC or UC.I assume Stock68 is from Humboldt and myself.We all 3 pretty well saw the same thing. Edited by mrbigster

Bigster I havent saw you since you let your team down in December. .And now lake co plays an awsome game against UC and you come out of hiding!..Im sure UC remembers well what happened 2 yrs ago..Lightning could strike twice..Time will tell.

I thought LC had the talent to be or challenge for at least 2nd.Earler in thr year, think he was playing a lot of players, starting different players.I think he has his 8 or 9 now that he depends on.No doubt UC is the team to beat.LC or Humboldt have good teams but not the teams from a few years ago.But LC is young.Plus Gibson Co., South Fulton, Halls have better teams from previous years.And all are very young.Next year will be a dogfight with all these teams plus UC.Can see 4 orv5bteams in the district being top 10 teams

Well, I'm sure the gameas will be put off due to the weather which will give teams a couple more days to prepare. Hoping the Vikings can put together a good offense/defense showing because they have been making to many turnovers on offense. I know this team is young but you have to be strong with the ball. I must admit for them to be a young team, they don't panic when there down because Halls had them by 15 in second half & they played good defense the rest of the game to pull out a win. So, if the vikings show up it should be a good game but we will find out soon.  

all I can is there is a big difference between UC and LC Humboldt better practice a lot. bigred2000 saying I don't know anything about refs. he said he talked to coaches and they said the refs. are ok. the reason they say that is because of the fine they get for saying anything bad about the refs.