Mr and Miss Basketball Finalists

CoachT

Stockdale shoulda been standing right beside Deberry at MTSU..The only reason Tucker is their is because him and Deberry played on the same AAU Team..AAU Has ruined high school basketball..But I do congratulate all 3 kids ..Im sure they worked hard in AAU over the summer..Deberry should win the award in my eyes..Maybe Union City will get to MTSU and hopefully everyone their can see how good Stockdale really is because he had put that team on his back for 3 years and led them in scoring and rebounding for 3 years..I think Marcus does got him by one point this year on point average..Its all about the HYPE!

That's completely ludicrous to say. The world does not revolve around union city. Campbell has led team for 4 years. Averages double double, no one else in conversation does that. Maybe they also take things like character, social media, etc. into consideration. Aau has nothing to do with it. The coach of that team has no vote. Crazy post.

Stockdale shoulda been standing right beside Deberry at MTSU..The only reason Tucker is their is because him and Deberry played on the same AAU Team..AAU Has ruined high school basketball..But I do congratulate all 3 kids ..Im sure they worked hard in AAU over the summer..Deberry should win the award in my eyes..Maybe Union City will get to MTSU and hopefully everyone their can see how good Stockdale really is because he had put that team on his back for 3 years and led them in scoring and rebounding for 3 years..I think Marcus does got him by one point this year on point average..Its all about the HYPE!

It is too obvious that cope is related to Stockdale. He has hyped Stockdale all year and talked down on DeBerry all year while at the same time supporting the Tornados. Congrats to DeBerry on his nomination... Probably the most complete player I've seen in Single A this year.

Thats really none of your concern GC..But downed a kid???....Anyway..Good luck to GC girls representing 14a..They should do well.

That's completely ludicrous to say. The world does not revolve around union city. Campbell has led team for 4 years. Averages double double, no one else in conversation does that. Maybe they also take things like character, social media, etc. into consideration. Aau has nothing to do with it. The coach of that team has no vote. Crazy post.

Cope, you are wrong on this one. Campbell can play and has been a stud for 4 years. Playing with Deberry has nothing to do with it. If TCA had Campbell I think we would win the Gold ball because he would have so many good players around him. He only has 2 real good players around him therefore he draws double and triple teams constantly. He can shoot the three, post you up and handle the ball. One of the best rebounders I've seen in high school. Cope, I've seen him play close to 20 times in HS and have watched him since he was in the 5th grade. He is definitely one of the best players in Single A and very deserving. He's also a top notch kid! Great character and very, very humble. He will be a great college player.

Edited by TCAIntense

Cope, you are wrong on this one. Campbell can play and has been a stud for 4 years. Playing with Deberry has nothing to do with it. If TCA had Campbell I think we would win the Gold ball because he would have so many good players around him. He only has 2 real good players around him therefore he draws double and triple teams constantly. He can shoot the three, post you up and handle the ball. One of the best rebounders I've seen in high school. Cope, I've seen him play close to 20 times in HS and have watched him since he was in the 5th grade. He is definitely one of the best players in Single A and very deserving. He's also a top notch kid! Great character and very, very humble. He will be a great college player.

Well as long as you tell me then ill believe it. .Sorry

cope I think you are right aau has missed up high school baskrtball. And just to let you other people know cope is not relaeted to Stockdale in any way. And everyone in UC and Obion CO. knows whos carried that team for the last three years. Radio station in Poplar Bluff statwd during their tournament 41 was not the one on UC team you had to worry about you had better watch out for 31. congrats to Deberry.

Being a mr basketball finalist is more than just the stats. It involves other factors as well including leadership qualities, on and off court actions and demeanor, classroom as well. They are nominated for the final group based upon several of these type of criteria. Congrats to all nominated. The are all deserving on multiple levels besides their "stats"

Hey atlas you saying no other players met these criterias except the ones nominated? 90ldschool5 you said earlier AAU coaches don't have a vote your right but they do have scout ear on recruiting seen it with my own eyes.

Read the post again. I'm saying there are several criteria used for mr / ms basketball finalist and winners. Stats are just a part of the equation. I'm not bringing anybody down, just saying those nominated are deserving. Be happy for the recognition the Union city team is getting, less paranoia about who isn't.