Riverdale throwing game

ecu

The thing that is funny about this throwing games is the TSSAA acting like this is a rare occurrence. I would say it happens at least once every year. There are TSSAA  hall of fame coaches who have done this more than once. It really is time to make the 3rd place game an elimination game. The only reason it got any attention this time is because you had two win at all costs coaches.

The thing that is funny about this throwing games is the TSSAA acting like this is a rare occurrence. I would say it happens at least once every year. There are TSSAA hall of fame coaches who have done this more than once. It really is time to make the 3rd place game an elimination game. The only reason it got any attention this time is because you had two win at all costs coaches.

Total agreeance ecu. Eliminate 4th place. Takes care of a lot.

Only if you guys have seen some of the twitter conversations going as well. WarriorFan has been going back and forth with people for the past few days stating the same stuff he did on here. Quoting scripture about being judged is a disgrace. You quote scripture about judging/being judged and in another breathe you justify what the coach was doing as right... Smh...

Judgement err on coaches. We are all human. Punishment was handed down. By the grace of God go I. I believe we are all in that boat.

Judgement err on coaches. We are all human. Punishment was handed down. By the grace of God go I. I believe we are all in that boat.

Warrior fan the thing that bothered me about your posts was that you tried to justify unethical behavior and then when you are called out for it you then wanted them to sue. Sounded like a rich kid who was going to find some way to get his way because he has money. Hope you don't teach your kids the only thing that matters is winning at all costs. I really don't believe you believe most of the things you said. Riverdale is not the only one to do this.

Warrior fan the thing that bothered me about your posts was that you tried to justify unethical behavior and then when you are called out for it you then wanted them to sue. Sounded like a rich kid who was going to find some way to get his way because he has money. Hope you don't teach your kids the only thing that matters is winning at all costs. I really don't believe you believe most of the things you said. Riverdale is not the only one to do this.

True.  It happens alot in bracketing in all hs sports and AAU teams.  If you knew Cory, you would know his character is amazing.  I have never seen a coach who works for $8,000 a year on top of his teaching salary, give so much time and energy to his program.  As humans with character flaws (we all have them), we ALL fail miserably every day in something.  We own the problem and move forward.  We have to humble ourself and know there was a mistake done (which he knows).  We ask for forgiveness and take our medicine (which he did). The program has extreme loyalty all the way around.  The Riverdale family is like no school family I have ever been around...even as a BA grad. It has great people and they are close.  It just hurts when you know someone is a wonderful person overall with a great track record, who makes a bad judgement call and is crucified unmercifully with no ability for forgiveness on a national scale.  Can you imagine how his life got quickly turned upside down?  I know that on top of the team being humiliated, he is humiliated.  In this circumstance, I will fight for someone to show their side all day long.  Cory thought at that time he was doing the best thing for his kids, but has seen and owned up to the transgression.  It is time for healing.

Edited by WarriorFan

I don't know Cory but do feel for him because everyone I have talked to says he is really a good guy. We all do make mistakes and if he is the man everyone  says he is he will learn and become an even better coach. And hopefully this will send a strong message to others to do the right thing.

• Upvote 1

Still amazed at Riverdale principals tweet (about everyone having a 3 min lapse of judgement) cmon man! 3 minutes!!! What about the other 29min!! This just didn't happen over a 3 min span. Nor did it happen over 32 min. Trust me, it was planned!

Maybe Riverdale's Principal or AD if they were present at the game should have stepped in immediately and stopped the type of play that was being used by their coach. If they set back and said nothing then maybe the director of schools need to look at replacing them also. They should have went to the locker room at halftime or between periods and informed the coach to stop the NONSENSE. I know Principals and AD's should let their coaches coach and stay out of the way but this situation called for immediate intervention, if they had I think both coaches may have survived this situation. Don't see anyway that these two coaches can continue as these schools.