Riverdale throwing game

ecu

Each district game is already important...determines seeding for the tourney. Cancelling the tournament format would just rob the good coaches and teams with the heart to compete of the chance to advance, or improve their regional seeding. The system works as it is,you can't print rules to eliminate the human equation...the same tactic could be used to avoid a particular opponent in the regional rounds, or even sectionals.

The same tactic would not work in the regionals or sub-state because you if you lose in the regional semis or substate, your season is over. Also regional finals are held on the same night so you couldn't "throw" a game there either. Almost all other TSSAA sports only have the top two district teams making Regionals for example baseball, soccer, etc. Why does basketball need four district teams in Regionals besides money???

The same tactic would not work in the regionals or sub-state because you if you lose in the regional semis or substate, your season is over. Also regional finals are held on the same night so you couldn't "throw" a game there either. Almost all other TSSAA sports only have the top two district teams making Regionals for example baseball, soccer, etc. Why does basketball need four district teams in Regionals besides money???

Baseball and softball have the Monday Wednesday Friday region and.sectional format, probably a big.reason.

I just left a whole set of Riverdale parents and players that have the same feelings as myself.  I can assure you that the kids are fine and the 3/4 of the kids and parents I talked with wouldn't change a thing on what happened.  

If true, this is the most unfortunate thing yet said about this incident.

As a former HS coach, I certainly understand putting forth one's best effort. That being said, I feel for the two teams involved. Some blame needs to be placed on TSSAA for the set-up of this tournament. Perhaps this can lead to a modification of the basketball tourney.

Let's say you as coach and your team have played 30 games this year. You have lost 3 - all to the same team by 15 points or more. This team happens to be in your district. If you play hard, you will probably go home in the region semi's. Or you can flop and possibly (depending on the elite 8 draw) end up as state runner-up. What if the coach gave this choice to his players. What do you think they would choose? Is this related to the charge call in basketball? I mean that the defender is not making a sincere defensive effort. He is merely trying to get a lay-up nullified. Is that un-sportsman-like?

Wow Coach..... you are so mature yourself that you name call.... :rolleyes:   People have differences of opinion.  You would be surprised that there are many more like me that feel the same, but don't voice it here bc they dont want to get kicked in the teeth in forums by folks like yourself who bully others for having differing views.  I just left a whole set of Riverdale parents and players that have the same feelings as myself.  I can assure you that the kids are fine and the 3/4 of the kids and parents I talked with wouldn't change a thing on what happened.  Riverdale will be on a serious mission next year for the Gold Ball and will probably be back as the favorite again for years to come.  We back our coaches as a family.

What is done is done.  The TSSAA spoke and it appears the schools will take their reprimands.  We should now concentrate on cheering on our 7-AAA teams that are still in the hunt.

I can't believe you just said that you wouldn't change a thing. So what are you people teaching your children? At least you have to suffer the consequences of your pathetic actions. If I were the principal the coach would be looking for another job. When ESPN carries a story like this it disgraces what use to be a reputable program. What was done is wrong and I am sorry the girls have adults telling them it was ok according to what you just said.