who will be William blount next head coach?

There was still a lot of talent in the hallways at WB, even then.

As a matter of fact, there were better football players blowing a trumpet in the stands in those days than on the field at some points.

Between personal politics and kids not wanting to "stick it out" there has always been an issue at Blount. For whatever reason.

https://youtu.be/nvlTJrNJ5lA

tom_petty-i_wont_back_down(1).jpg

Edited by Red Rebels

I will go on record and say if he does come in and projects to be a hardliner, then he can expect to have a team of 30 kids just like Hammontree did at A&M a couple of years ago.

Kids at Blount will quit. They always have.

He will have to keep reinforcing the positives and build a team before he can start tightening the screws.

Blount can win, but the parents down there and kids attitudes are probably some the worst I have even seen.

and I hate to see that being an Alnwickian.

Shad has an uncanny knack of motivating kids and getting them to buy in. At the same time, you know where he stands up front and that's that. His first year at Blackman, he took a team that hadn't won many games and won the district that 1st year and has finished 1st or 2nd every year (except for maybe 1). Kids love playing for him. There are always going to be some that try to fight the system, but that's just the issues of dealing with teenage boys. As to the parent "involvement" (meddling), they will learn very quickly who is in charge. He will be nice, cordial and professional with everybody....but he will tell you the truth flat out.

There was still a lot of talent in the hallways at WB, even then.

As a matter of fact, there were better football players blowing a trumpet in the stands in those days than on the field at some points.

Between personal politics and kids not wanting to "stick it out" there has always been an issue at Blount. For whatever reason.

If Shad is the guy, I don't think that will be a problem if they give him a chance. If they don't want to put in the work, he's not going to beg or baby anybody just to keep them on the team.

I think the problem with WB is we've had coaches with egos. That's not just a problem at WB, it's a problem in every unsuccessful program. Coaches with egos stick to their "system" even when it is failing because they want to do things their way. Coaches with egos will also keep players on the field that aren't getting it done because they chose them and don't want to admit they were wrong. Successful coaches adapt and gameplan around what they have on any given year and put the best players on the field no matter who they are. It doesn't matter if they are a freshman or senior and it doesn't matter who their parents are, the best players are going to be playing. I think thats what separates successful coaches and unsuccessful coaches.

Have a good one Wayne, hope Miller's Senior year is all you ever dreamed of. :rolleyes:

Wayne is not the type to come on here and stir up people. With that said I agree that this is probably the most classless post I seen on CoachT in a long time.  since you are such a strong supporter of Shadowens I now wonder if the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.....Do you think Shadowens would approve of your classless comment about a hard-working kid?  Your credibility is gone...

Its ok...call me what you want...  We all know that kids will suffer if we say something bad about the football coach....deserved or not.  Talk integrity all you want to, but that's the reality and you know it. 

Not defending the other person.  I also agree never should bring a kids name up.   I think that was in response to this post in which you brought up the kid suffering when you come out in the open.  

Bottom line is, if you had never started slandering the Head Coach on here, there never would of been a situation were tempers flared to the point of calling our you or possibly your child.  If you are indeed who they've accused you of being then the best thing to do is keep your opinions to yourself.  You provoked the responses.  It's normal policy on CoachT to lock a thread in which anything slanderous is said.  I'm unsure why this one wasn't locked the first time you went down that path.

Again, not condoning what was said about your child, just telling you how to prevent it from happening.   This is my last post on the topic.

I will go on record and say if he does come in and projects to be a hardliner, then he can expect to have a team of 30 kids just like Hammontree did at A&M a couple of years ago.

Kids at Blount will quit. They always have.

He will have to keep reinforcing the positives and build a team before he can start tightening the screws.

Blount can win, but the parents down there and kids attitudes are probably some the worst I have even seen.

and I hate to see that being an Alnwickian.

Speaking for yourself I assume. Pitiful statement. Biggest problem at WB during the early years was losing good players to OOZ.

freeagent11....I have not said anything slanderous.  Slander is saying things that are untrue with intent to harm.  Show me.  What is driving me crazy is the fact that so many people are providing ferocious support and trying to shout down anyone who might doubt the story that he did nothing wrong.  I am not Wayne Armstrong, but I am very familiar with Blackman.  If you are worried about slander, Wayne and Dr. Justus have been slandered from the people that you seem to be defending. The fact is that the coach at Blackman was told that he could no longer coach in Rutherford county.  From that, you either believe there was a good reason or you don't.  I believe there was a good reason and I believe that it didnt have to be that way.  I think the county probably tried to help him since he has been a teacher for so long here.  If you or anyone else cant handle some back and forth on the subject, i suggest that you find another website. 

Let's just hope he has a booster club Pres that can keep up with receipts.

That's assuming throwawayx is Armstrongs dad. Either way it's weak to mention a kids name unless he's yours! I've always said when you get what you want, I hope you want what you got! While coach is a great coach, he is still a man. And as a man very foulable just as you or I. There was only one perfect man (other than GQ) and we hung Him on a stick!