Higher Calling Wrestling Camps

JBoskenUSAW

HCWC Camps Lined Up. All Registration done through Trackwrestling. Camps are limited to 40 athletes to assure all athletes maximize their camp experience. We are in the process of nailing down, in my opinion, the BEST TECHNICIAN in the country, Stay Tuned. Discounts are offered to those athletes who attend multiple camps or have siblings attending. These camps are designed to teach and instill in your child effective skills that they can use year round in their own practice room. Each series we will share the techniques and skills that we have developed and have helped our program, HCWC and Cleveland, reach the level of success that we have thus far. 

Cleveland HS- 3X consecutive Dual and Individual State Champs

- 28 HS State Placers in last 3 years ALONE

- 13 State Finalist in last three years

- First 4X STATE CHAMP in school history this year

-USAW Fargo Runner-Up

HCWC- Back to Back MS Sate and overall Club State Champs

-20 State Champs (youth-MS) the last 2 years

-53 State Placers in last 2 years

If you sign up for all 4, you will get a $150 discount for the entire package. This discount will be given to you after sign-ups.

If you have a sibling, the price is $100 for them. If you have 2 siblings, it's $100 for the first and $50 for the second. If you have 3+ siblings, it's $100 for the first, $50 for the second, and FREE for any after that.

Camp location will be at the Jones Wrestling Center or The Barn, depending on which camp is attended.

If you have any other detail questions, please feel free to e-mail me at "shane.chittum@mastercraft.com."

11021521_10100716070606128_2300665637569

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am correct the only Dead Period now is from the week of July 4th and last 14 days. Regardless I am not on the HS staff so the dead period doesnt apply to these camps.

I checked.  Dead period is from June 21-July 4, all sports.   It not only governs who can coach but where. Maybe the Jones center isn't considered a Cleveland High School facility?  But I'd check because if it is I would think that the "no open facilities and weight training/conditioning" rules might apply.  Changing leg attacks part 2 to July 6-10 would remove the possibility of an infraction.  Just saying.

From the 2014/2015 TSSAA Handbook under the "Wrestling calendar"

Dead Period Rule – No coaching, observing, or contact between coach and players in sport involved. There is no practice, no open facilities, and no weight training/conditioning. The Dead Period, which is to be observed by all schools, is the week of the 4th of July and the preceding week – 14 days. 

Higher Calling wrestling Club is just that a private club. We are not directly affiliated with any school or schools.   There will be no TSSAA coaches at any of our camps.  As such all events we hold on private property don't fall under the TSSAA dead period rules.    

Higher Calling wrestling Club is just that a private club. We are not directly affiliated with any school or schools.   There will be no TSSAA coaches at any of our camps.  As such all events we hold on private property don't fall under the TSSAA dead period rules.    

just to be safe you might want to run it by the TSSAA staff. I am pretty sure no high school facilities can be used either. 

WHO WILL BE THE 2015 #1 Freshman/Sophomore Team in the Nation

Well we are going to find out because Higher Calling kids club is going to send a team to the AAU Freshman/Sophomore National Duals in Indianola, IA on April 4th and 5th. All of our Cleveland High School Freshman and Sophomores wrestlers are expected to go on this trip. Higher Calling is going to be

From the Cleveland HS wrestling site, sure seem to be.

And the Jones Center is not part of Cleveland HS?  

just to be safe you might want to run it by the TSSAA staff. I am pretty sure no high school facilities can be used either. 

Even though we didn't have to we went ahead and had our camps vetted.  We were given the green light because are not using any High School facilities and we don't use any TSSAA coaches.

Edited by durdon

If I am correct the only Dead Period now is from the week of July 4th and last 14 days. Regardless I am not on the HS staff so the dead period doesnt apply to these camps.

The dead period applies to any person or school facilities that are members of the TSSAA. If you are not a coach for a TSSAA member school that is great but the event must be at a non TSSAA school. Unless the rules have changed the July DEAD PERIOD is a closed facilities and no events may be held at that facility. This includes all Tennessee Wrestling Federation training camps. You can move the camps to a school that is not a member of the TSSAA and you would be ok. If you only knew how many schools continue to break this rule and if they get reported the high school team could very well be suspended the following year from the state tournament. Edited by cbg

The dead period applies to any person or school facilities that are members of the TSSAA. If you are not a coach for a TSSAA member school that is great but the event must be at a non TSSAA school.

Exactly which is why the Higher Callling camp will not be held on a TSSAA school property.