TSSAA’s council considers split 3-11-15

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear it will be a A AA AAA set up. Will be based on enrollment numbers, and some sorta multiplier for schools giving schoolarships. My guess is the TSSAA will let the private schools put in alot of suggestions on how to set up thier system to keep them happy and on board with them. Myself, I would like to see private-public still play some non district games in regular seasons of all sports after the split.

That was my idea all along ... let them play ( public / private during regular season) .. just  when playoffs come then seperate out and have all privates playoff and all publics playoff ... still have questions on the open zone issue but at least making progress .

Really no advantage for privates to play public schools in regular season. Example, most city schools in Middle TN usually get a nice gate from privates, not the other way around. Other than upper E TN, all other metro areas have enough private schools that they won't need to play public.

Might save money on travel .. but if privates only play privates no sweat off my back .. can see their travel costs go up but the privates got the cash !!! 

Really no advantage for privates to play public schools in regular season. Example, most city schools in Middle TN usually get a nice gate from privates, not the other way around. Other than upper E TN, all other metro areas have enough private schools that they won't need to play public.

who are the privates in Upper East TN ???

Might save money on travel .. but if privates only play privates no sweat off my back .. can see their travel costs go up but the privates got the cash !!!

You could be right, if all of them are together it may reduce travel for some since there will be more of em in the same division. Don't believe it will impact travel for public schools.

the highlight of every coach and fans season when they can beat em, but it's the curse of money and unfairness when you cant beat em.....dont say it aint so

Booger just sayin sleeping-and-dreaming-smiley-emoticon.gi

it would be like watching SEC football were 4 teams could bring in talent from anywhere, and the other 10 schools could only get kids with an hour of the school. How equal would that be?

who are the privates in Upper East TN ???

Tri Cities Christian is the only one that has a football program that plays public schools. I heard over on the 1A board that they might be combining with another school to field a team this year. They have never had many kids on the team. There is another team called the Tennessee Silverbacks which plays in the Pioneer Football League which is mainly made up of teams from North and South Carolina. That bunch has some long travel times for sure. The Silverbacks are homeschoolers and from places like University High and Providence Academy that do not have football.

Tri Cities Christian is the only one that has a football program that plays public schools. I heard over on the 1A board that they might be combining with another school to field a team this year. They have never had many kids on the team. There is another team called the Tennessee Silverbacks which plays in the Pioneer Football League which is mainly made up of teams from North and South Carolina. That bunch has some long travel times for sure. The Silverbacks are homeschoolers and from places like University High and Providence Academy that do not have football.

University High is not a private school.  It's a public lab school tied to ETSU.