Phillip shadowens new head coach at William blount

One of my friends was the ref that was under that goal post and he told me in his own words that no disrespect to anyone that said they were standing there behind the goal post that there is a fence behind the goal post that he estimates between 85 and 95 feet away where the closest person could have been that claims they were standing there. He told me from that distance someone could have thought it was good but him and his other crew partner had the best seat in the house right under it and was clearly no good. He did say not only that but a big riding lawn mower was also behind the goal post parked on a sand pit that would have been another distraction for those that claim to have seen this. He also ask me how many times have I been to a game and thought the field goal or extra point was good from where I was viewing it and the call was different. That is why the person that has to make the decision is standing right under it and not in the press box or behind the fence thirty yards away.

I didn't know there was anyone still defending that blown call. Guess the booster club money is still flowing to that ref. Edited by countryREB

Hi! I am Coach Shads oldest daughter. I have not had an account with Coach T since Coach Shad left MTCS because, quite frankly, I got tired of the "BS" that was being posted. With that being said, I have continued to watch Coach T over the years and "observe." There has been a lot said over the last 6 weeks about my step-father and his career with Rutherford County. There are a lot of truths to what has been said, as well as a lot of fictitious posts that are deemed Oscar worthy. I don't know for sure who "ThrowXAway" is but I lean towards agreeing that it is Wayne Armstrong, the Booster Club President at Blackman. (Ppl can have multiple screen names) While I will not go into my personal opinion of Mr. Armstrong, I will say that 100% of what he adds to this site is nothing more than a father trying to protect his child's senior year of football. I've read the texts he's sent to Coach Shad so there is no hiding from that. And if pushed by him I'll be happy to copy them onto this site as I have been forwarded copies directly from Shad. Coach Shad did nothing wrong at Blackman. Period. The entire situation was nothing more than a power driven principal wanting all the power she could get her hands on. She wanted a "yes" man for a coach and Shad was not willing to bend on that. So she started a witch hunt. For right now she may "think" she has won the battle, but I can assure you, she won't win the war. Philip wants nothing more than for all of this to move forward and be finished. He has every right to request this. He has done nothing wrong and deserves for his name to be cleared whether he's been officially named in the investigation or not. I remember one time I got into trouble, in high school, and Philip told me, "there is no difference between a liar and a thief, in my eyes, if you steal something, you are no better than someone who lies." I wasn't a thief, nor did I steal anything, but I did lie. As his 32 year old daughter, the one who gave him and my mother 3 grandsons, I can tell you I have never forgotten that "talk" (butt chewing) I received, lol. Philip is a man of God. Granny and Granddaddy ran it through him and he passed it to his kids (biological or not). He is a tool of God, a living being that God pours out of. His words, his actions, are everything our Lord expects and wants to pass on. I'm not saying he or my family are perfect. If any of us were, we wouldn't be here. What I am saying is that the parents, fans, players, and coaches need to understand. There is only one way Coach Shad coaches, and that is through the eyes of God. He is honest, good, and pure. Those that try to move against him, will get there's in the end by the Lord almighty. There are many, many things Philip could say to the media about Blackman HS and not only the current administration, but Don Odom and the School Board as a whole, but he hasn't. He has taken the high ground and done what makes God happy. William Blount is lucky to have my family. I say that with my own double edged sword because my step-father, mother, and two sisters are making the move and I have to stay in this God awful county, while I wish nothing more than to follow and be with them! In 20 something years I have missed MAYBE 4 games. With this move I will miss a lot more, but that's ok because I know that my family will be at peace. I have already paid for my subscription to knoxnews.com and have liked everything I could find about William Blount Football on Facebook. While I a Smyrna High graduate, I will always follow family first, so Go Govs! Thank you for loving my family in advance!

Great post young lady! :thumb:

Hi! I am Coach Shads oldest daughter. I have not had an account with Coach T since Coach Shad left MTCS because, quite frankly, I got tired of the "BS" that was being posted. With that being said, I have continued to watch Coach T over the years and "observe." There has been a lot said over the last 6 weeks about my step-father and his career with Rutherford County. There are a lot of truths to what has been said, as well as a lot of fictitious posts that are deemed Oscar worthy. I don't know for sure who "ThrowXAway" is but I lean towards agreeing that it is Wayne Armstrong, the Booster Club President at Blackman. (Ppl can have multiple screen names) While I will not go into my personal opinion of Mr. Armstrong, I will say that 100% of what he adds to this site is nothing more than a father trying to protect his child's senior year of football. I've read the texts he's sent to Coach Shad so there is no hiding from that. And if pushed by him I'll be happy to copy them onto this site as I have been forwarded copies directly from Shad. Coach Shad did nothing wrong at Blackman. Period. The entire situation was nothing more than a power driven principal wanting all the power she could get her hands on. She wanted a "yes" man for a coach and Shad was not willing to bend on that. So she started a witch hunt. For right now she may "think" she has won the battle, but I can assure you, she won't win the war. Philip wants nothing more than for all of this to move forward and be finished. He has every right to request this. He has done nothing wrong and deserves for his name to be cleared whether he's been officially named in the investigation or not. I remember one time I got into trouble, in high school, and Philip told me, "there is no difference between a liar and a thief, in my eyes, if you steal something, you are no better than someone who lies." I wasn't a thief, nor did I steal anything, but I did lie. As his 32 year old daughter, the one who gave him and my mother 3 grandsons, I can tell you I have never forgotten that "talk" (butt chewing) I received, lol. Philip is a man of God. Granny and Granddaddy ran it through him and he passed it to his kids (biological or not). He is a tool of God, a living being that God pours out of. His words, his actions, are everything our Lord expects and wants to pass on. I'm not saying he or my family are perfect. If any of us were, we wouldn't be here. What I am saying is that the parents, fans, players, and coaches need to understand. There is only one way Coach Shad coaches, and that is through the eyes of God. He is honest, good, and pure. Those that try to move against him, will get there's in the end by the Lord almighty. There are many, many things Philip could say to the media about Blackman HS and not only the current administration, but Don Odom and the School Board as a whole, but he hasn't. He has taken the high ground and done what makes God happy. William Blount is lucky to have my family. I say that with my own double edged sword because my step-father, mother, and two sisters are making the move and I have to stay in this God awful county, while I wish nothing more than to follow and be with them! In 20 something years I have missed MAYBE 4 games. With this move I will miss a lot more, but that's ok because I know that my family will be at peace. I have already paid for my subscription to knoxnews.com and have liked everything I could find about William Blount Football on Facebook. While I a Smyrna High graduate, I will always follow family first, so Go Govs! Thank you for loving my family in advance!

I hope you took time to breathe while you were typing this! WOW :o