South Gibson

pioneer42

High School girls coach resigned yesterday.

Coach V didn't resign....he was invited by administration Monday NOT to come back next year...good teacher and coach...a couple of mad parents calling the shots...sad...

Edited by cofo

I think he was a good X's and O's coach as well and is well thought of by Coach Campbell from Union. For some reason, he had a lot of good players quitting and parents unhappy. As I have said many times, if you want to compete in this generation of HS basketball you have to be in the gym 365 24/7 if you want to compete with the Westview's, Dyersburg's, GC's and now Crockett County's of the world.

Kayla Hudson Irvin IMO is the best young coaching prospect out there. Any HS team that had an opening she would be my first call. She has won MVP's and state championships on the HS level and has done it on a college level as a player. She played for and coached in college for Coach Campbell, who along with McMillan and Russell are the best in the business. She is

driven and state championships will be her goal;

she knows X's and O's and will be in the gym

24/7 365 days a year working on fundamentals

from 3rd grade up. I know she has a great

paying job in MFS at St. George's as a principal

and head girls coach, but I know her roots are

more rural and she would be my first call.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Upvote 1

in the gym 24/7/365 might be a stretch...went by GC today and they weren't practicing...and to my knowledge he didn't have a lot of "good" payers to quit...just a couple of players quit whose parent thought they were "good"...the old "start my daughter and your 4 best players" type parents...gonna have trouble filling it with a quality coach when the parents run the program and admin caves...

Edited by cofo

Kaitlyn Martin I heard is going to UT on a softball scholarship, the Walker kid is a big time prospect in softball as well as both were big time basketball players, Kristen King is the best prospect since Heather Butler and might be better and China Hayes went to GC last year and is a great player. He wasn't just losing players. He lost the best and that was s major concern.

• Upvote 1

Kaitlyn Martin I heard is going to UT on a softball scholarship, the Walker kid is a big time prospect in softball as well as both were big time basketball players, Kristen King is the best prospect since Heather Butler and might be better and China Hayes went to GC last year and is a great player. He wasn't just losing players. He lost the best and that was s major concern.

Chyna Hayes is going back to SGC next year...and that was decided before Coach V "resigned"

King better than Butler? She's good, but come on......

& Hayes didn't get many minutes at all at GC..

Don't exaggerate. lol