South Gibson

pioneer42

South Gibson's administration hasn't been serious about basketball since it opened. When you have an administration that could care less about basketball, problems arise. They are getting into a crop of parents that are serious about basketball and will expect a coach to put their time in and have them in the gym early and often.

Interesting thread. Don't know much about any of the schools. With that being said why should kids play for a coach they don't like? Please explain.

How many people in life are they going to come across that they don't like?  How about having some guts and learning to work with others a little bit?  I guarantee you that no matter what the record is in the regular season, this team won't make it past the 1st round of the region tournament, if they can even get that far.  When the chips are down, they'll quit, and mommy and daddy will say its somebody else's fault.

How many people in life are they going to come across that they don't like? How about having some guts and learning to work with others a little bit? I guarantee you that no matter what the record is in the regular season, this team won't make it past the 1st round of the region tournament, if they can even get that far. When the chips are down, they'll quit, and mommy and daddy will say its somebody else's fault.

Amen! They won't be happy this year either. SG will be average. Heard king still can't make a shot outside 2 foot.

How many people in life are they going to come across that they don't like? How about having some guts and learning to work with others a little bit? I guarantee you that no matter what the record is in the regular season, this team won't make it past the 1st round of the region tournament, if they can even get that far. When the chips are down, they'll quit, and mommy and daddy will say its somebody else's fault.

It's HS girls basketball not a job or marriage. Kids have many more options/interests than sports today so to force them to play a "game" that isn't fun anymore is a ridiculous stance.

Since I don't know this specific situation I will say in general if my children start a season they have to stick it out. If they decide during the preseason that they do not want to play then that's ok with me.

Christen is a good player and will sign D1 by the time it's said and done. She's probably the best athlete in this area. Her shot is not so horrible that it can not be fixed by a good coach. I saw the kid play several times last week and have seen her against some high level players in travel ball. The kid will be fine...

Edited by GCPioneer

If King figures her game out as I expect her to do, I figure they will be good. They have a big down low presence in Newman and King will be hard to handle one on one. These two will give Ceinceola and Scott some open looks outside. I think they have a decent shot at 2 in the district if all goes as planned.

Edited by pioneer42