South Gibson

pioneer42

She is tough I will tell you. She can probably play any position on the floor. I think she can penetrate and create her own shot with the best of them. She is really good. D 1 player for sure IMO.

I like Christen a lot but she's not on Butlers level. Butlers work ethic is unmatched and Butler shoots the ball much better than Christen. Christen has size and athleticism... She needs to develop her game quite a bit. D1 is a possibility with her athleticism and potential as a player.
  • Upvote 1

Butler is a worker and her shot is unreal I agree. King has a lot of talent. We will see how this year unfolds. South Gibson will be matchup problems with her playing man and if they play zone they can play high low with Hope Maymon down low. Scott is a slasher and can shoot the three and so can Ceinceola. South Gibson will be matchup problems if King comes back like is expected. If she comes back, I expect them and Westview to battle it out.

Edited by pioneer42

Butler is a worker and her shot is unreal I agree. King has a lot of talent. We will see how this year unfolds. South Gibson will be matchup problems with her playing man and if they play zone they can play high low with Hope Maymon down low. Scott is a slasher and can shoot the three and so can Ceinceola. South Gibson will be matchup problems if King comes back like is expected. If she comes back, I expect them and Westview to battle it out.

Pioneer42's posts should come with a cation sign saying expect this post to be a bunch of ** come on Man you blow anything and everything up in gc land. lol. King is not even in the same area code as Butler and for the China girl I can't even say anything about cause she's never got to play anywhere.

Chyna Hayes is going back to SGC next year...and that was decided before Coach V "resigned"

and the King gal...that's another situation...comparing her to Heather Butler is even a bigger stretch...Heather played 4 years at GC and had no probs...let's wait and see if Ms. King  ever gets on the court to prove it....Coach V had team rules....

Edited by cofo

King is a big time player. You guys will see. China Hayes is a good talent as well. She was a freshman last year and baled out of South Gibson like all the rest of the other good players. She went to GC and found out that GC was doing more in 1 practice than she had been doing in 1 week at South Gibson. They are a good coach away from being real competitive in 13 AA.

and the King gal...that's another situation...comparing her to Heather Butler is even a bigger stretch...let's wait and see if she ever gets on the court to prove it....Coach V had team rules....

It's Hope Neyman...she's tough...K. King has a lot of potential...but it's just that...potential...hear she wants back at SGC...sad... with TSSAA transfer rules I wonder if she'll ever play for anybody...

TSSAA rules are complicated especially when you transfer to Milan and are elgible to play after 1 year and live in Medina. So are you saying there is a problem with TSSAA rules going back to South Gibson. Must be something to do with previous home vs current home. Bring us up to date.

I may need to go back and brush up on the transfer rules but she didnt hit the court for anybody this past season so to my knowledge she can go play anywhere now, but i could be wrong. the heather butler comparision, i woudl take as an honor if i was King. butler is a premier player form the area hands done one of thebest guard to ever come thru the state, but King is a totally different player from what ive seen. Butler is a shooter and exceptional scorer for her size, King on the otherha nd looks to create and uses her size and length and athleticism well on defense, so idk if i woudl make that comparison. I do agree with the right coaching and work D1 is in her future.

Edited by MrAyeCee

I think will be fine on elgibility at South Gibson and this comes from the administration. She can create her own shot with the best of them. The Newman kid is a beast down low and King will be a beast. Ceinceola, Scott and Hayes are contributors without King, but with King they will be solid beneficiaries.

I may need to go back and brush up on the transfer rules but she didnt hit the court for anybody this past season so to my knowledge she can go play anywhere now, but i could be wrong. the heather butler comparision, i woudl take as an honor if i was King. butler is a premier player form the area hands done one of thebest guard to ever come thru the state, but King is a totally different player from what ive seen. Butler is a shooter and exceptional scorer for her size, King on the otherha nd looks to create and uses her size and length and athleticism well on defense, so idk if i woudl make that comparison. I do agree with the right coaching and work D1 is in her future.

The transfer rule is she would have to make a legal move but as far as she didnt play last year ,depends if she has a sports record of any kind at all.If she was a freshman and didnt play at all she should be ok unless the high school allows 8th graders to play like Bradford that is part of their  high school.If she was a freshman and played any sports  at all,she would be ineligible.My son went to another school in a different county 3 years ago.I was told at the school he was going to attend that he would have to sit since we werent moving .I told the athletic director that I thought he could play since he didnt have a sports record of any kind at his previous school.Had he played any sports,football,basketball during his first two years he would have been ruled ineligible and would have had to sit for a year..But since he didnt ,he was allowed to play immediately.Had he played at all at his former school,and not moved,could have been looked at as recruiting.Since he had no record,no recruiting involved.

Edited by mrbigster

King lived in Medina as a freshman and played at South Gibson. Her sophomore year she went to school in Milan and sit out but still lived in Medina. This year she still lives in Medina and wants to go back to South Gibson. Milan takes kids out of city limits. I know she would be elgible to play at Milan this year because she sat out. Why would she not be elgible at South Gibson?