2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

You know, I would hope that Meigs is better than everyone else because they're 2 or 3 times bigger than most of the Morgan County schools. Coalfield has 170 students in high school, you might have 1/2 boys, 1/2 girls, that leaves 85 boys to play 3 sports, and not every kid plays sports. A school of 500 kids would probably have 250 male athletes to choose from. So they should be better than the smaller schools. And the private school debate is not one I want to start on!

Yes Harriman is a very good team and both teams had played 3 straight days so legs were an issue. But Coalfield never gave up, was down 18 but went up as many as 11. The stats for the game were almost identical, so you may say that Harriman is better than Coalfield...but they sure looked about even stat wise.

Coalfield is down 1-starter and has another one with a bad knee. They went from being 10 or 11 deep down to 7 or 8 deep with a lot of freshman and sophomores. So don't count Coalfield out yet!

That's BS and you know it, didn't hear any crying when CF wins in football, Boo hoo, and whatever you do don't put GCA in the same discussion with meigs. They don't have rules to play by meigs does.

That's BS and you know it, didn't hear any crying when CF wins in football, Boo hoo, and whatever you do don't put GCA in the same discussion with meigs. They don't have rules to play by meigs does.

football is 6 classes. Basketball is 3. These schools play schools closer to their size in fball.. I'm not sure he was crying about it, just stating the reality. These teams can give meigs a decent game and have chance on some nights, they're not bad at all. But the numbers suggest they're just gonna be hard pressed to beat them a really quality team like meigs from that large of a school. Any injury to a starter is typically much more damaging to them just because of the lack of numbers to replace him from... With these schools, in most cases, their 7th or 8th guy would be a JV ONLY player at a 500 student school, so losing a starter is a killer. That's all that was meant, I think... At least from me it wasn't a complaint, just a statement of fact. I'm not from these schools, just have seen them a good bit. Meigs is good...I'll certainly be pulling for them if they make it the state tourney. Edited by CAH09

There are AAA schools with 1000 students playing schools well over 2000. Is there a difference?

no question you make a good point on that end. I'd say you reach certain threshold number with the larger schools where other factors matter more than the numbers do compared to the small schools on bottom end of the spectrum. But it's certainly a good point... There are 8 schools over 2000 in tn... Oddly enough, most of them aren't typically elite in any of the 3 main sports. Edited by CAH09

You missed the total point! But we will shut up and keep winning. And I do believe that Meigs DID choose where to play, I think the TSSAA gave them the choice to stay Double A or move down to Single A. I think they were real close to the cut off limit. And just like you talked about the AAA team that beat them...bigger schools have a bigger advantage...it's simple. Not making excuses...we play 3 AAA games this year, 3 AA games as well, so we don't try to back down from the bigger competition.

You missed the total point! But we will shut up and keep winning. And I do believe that Meigs DID choose where to play, I think the TSSAA gave them the choice to stay Double A or move down to Single A. I think they were real close to the cut off limit. And just like you talked about the AAA team that beat them...bigger schools have a bigger advantage...it's simple. Not making excuses...we play 3 AAA games this year, 3 AA games as well, so we don't try to back down from the bigger competition.

Meigs has seen thier share of "bigger" schools! We will play our 16th game Tuesday ! 5 vs 1A, 5 vs AA and 6 vs AAA

GCA was off this week and next until next Friday @concord then Saturday host CAK at home then monday @ meigs yea thats right Tiger almost time..... And for the record Farragut beat us 42-40 2nd game of the year and we only had 8 guys on the bench 3 freshmen. (football and injuries) so meigs and gca have common losses.

Im glad we get CAK 2 days before Meigs.......we should be well rested and healed up by next weekend.