2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Shoot they did better this year ,seems like they lost one last year. All in all it was pretty good without one of the starters and another kid didn't make the trip. Just hope Ned has the rotation figured out by mid February Its gonna be a little tricky..

I know what u mean....I aint one for tricky tho...ya know! Play ball! :)

Shoot they did better this year ,seems like they lost one last year. All in all it was pretty good without one of the starters and another kid didn't make the trip. Just hope Ned has the rotation figured out by mid February Its gonna be a little tricky..

They lost to Kinston last year...Stanley and Nate were hurt and didn't play in that game.

Kingston was a bit better last year too I think.

How's this game going?

I got Meigs going deep this year...Don't think they'll disappoint

Meigs goes down to Farragut in an ugly game. Energy was not there, shooting was off again, and did not look anything like the team that played the fourth quarter last night. Farragut does not look that good either which makes the loss even worse. The third place game tomorrow will be a lot better opponent and if they play like they did tonight they will get beat pretty bad.

Edited by Tiger2

Meigs goes down to Farragut in an ugly game. Energy was not there, shooting was off again, and did not look anything like the team that played the fourth quarter last night. Farragut does not look that good either which makes the loss even worse. The third place game tomorrow will be a lot better opponent and if they play like they did tonight they will get beat pretty bad.

Inconsistent right now huh? Well, they have time to work that out. Do they have leadership on the floor? I know they have the talent!

it was very ugly!!! However in Meigs defense there leading scorer had an ankle the size of a basketball and was very limited. And it was a game he had a chance to have a huge game as the guy that was guarding him would have had a huge mismatch

Inconsistent right now huh? Well, they have time to work that out. Do they have leadership on the floor? I know they have the talent!

Very dissapointed in this loss, Meigs is a better team than Farragut! The shooting % the past 2 games has been horrendous! We beat a team much better than Farragut last night (Grainger) and we only showed up one quarter! Well , didn't show up at all tonight , and I will say it , no there is no leadership , sorry if anyone's feelings get hurt, but it's true!

Very dissapointed in this loss, Meigs is a better team than Farragut! The shooting % the past 2 games has been horrendous! We beat a team much better than Farragut last night (Grainger) and we only showed up one quarter! Well , didn't show up at all tonight , and I will say it , no there is no leadership , sorry if anyone's feelings get hurt, but it's true!

I will second that. I have seen Farragut play several times and feel that Meigs is much better but sometimes they just don't come out ready to play. Tonight was one of those nights. It has looked like on many occasions over the last couple of years with these guys that losing does not really upset them. When they are hitting the three ball  and running up and down the court they look unbeatable but when it slows down to a halfcourt game almost any quality team can beat them. Northview looked pretty bad and stayed with them and kept it close at the half. The second half they came out putting pressure on them, creating turnovers, and scoring dozens of fastbreak opportunities to win by twenty six. They have the talent but have a lot of work to do before tournament time.

District 4 post Christmas tournament results

Oakdale 7-7 (2-0)

Won against Cocke Co by 7

Lost to Knox Catholic by 38 (ouch)

Coalfield 5-6 (2-1)

Lost to Hampton by 7

Lost to Clarkrange by 14

Won against Harriman by 2 (very entertaining game, good win)

Wartburg 9-2 (3-0)

Win against Unaka by 18

Win against Kingston by 5

Win against Monterey by 13 (score 49 pts in 1st half, best half of basketball seen all year)

My end of year District 4 rankings (feel free to disagree)

1.  Wartburg (biggest surprise)

2.  Oakdale (still waiting on them to hit their stride)

3.  Coalfield (look great at times, other times look very average)

4.  Oliver Springs

5.  Jellico

6.  Oneida (have win over Sunbright)

7.  Sunbright (can they scratch out a few wins to move up)

In conclusion:

My sincere heartfelt prayers go out to the freshman Ooltewah basketball player for physical and mental healing. I hope you are able to continue your basketball career and it is filled with many memorable and heroic moments.

I don't think there is any difference in the top 3 wartburg Oakdale and coalfield the difference my be wartburg has the better coach of the three his tea

agreed. Wburg lost to Harriman, CF beat them. WB squeaked by CF at home, but CF was down a starter. CF led OD by one, when game called, OD, CF up and down, WB, less talent probably, but most consistent. Having said all that... None of three can beat GCA or Meigs on most nights.