2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Meigs loses 69-67 in a close one that went down to the last shot. Tigers had a nice drive on the final play with a miss and nice shot at a tip in that rolled out to tie. Was down several points with about a minute to go and fought back. Tough first loss

I went and watched it. Sammy is such a good coach. Meigs is a small team but they play hard and keep the ball moving. Meadows is a hyper aggressive offnsive player and they always have someone sitting a corner waiting to knock down a three ball. They looked like they had tired legs and still could have won it at the buzzer or sent to OT.

If Meigs has one weakness that is obvious its that a big team that is patient could really roll them on the blocks. But if a team is satisfied to play offense no defense vs meigs and fails to work the height advantages then my money is on meigs.

GCA starts Gatlinburg Christmas Classic Monday. Really looking forward to driving to GP three days in a row the week before christmas lol 😳🚙🚗🚙🚓ðŸšðŸš—ðŸšðŸšŽðŸš—🚗

Coalfield-Oakdale game was halted due to a slick floor. Hope game is finished soon so unfinished game is not a factor in District race.  Seemed unfair to Oakdale since only time Coalfield lead was when game was stopped.

Coalfield-Wartburg game was a great game which was close the entire time. Both teams were without 2 prominent players. Kilby tried to warm up for Coalfield, but don't understand why he was even allowed to dress. He was not even able to walk without significant limp, not sure how long he will be out could be some time before he is back. News is Wartburg's 2 players are expected back after Christmas. With Wartburg win over Coalfield that gives them a lead in District 4. I think with their 2 players returning they will have a huge say in the District 4 race.

Any updates on when Coalfield-Oakdale game will be finished?  

I went and watched it. Sammy is such a good coach. Meigs is a small team but they play hard and keep the ball moving. Meadows is a hyper aggressive offnsive player and they always have someone sitting a corner waiting to knock down a three ball. They looked like they had tired legs and still could have won it at the buzzer or sent to OT.

If Meigs has one weakness that is obvious its that a big team that is patient could really roll them on the blocks. But if a team is satisfied to play offense no defense vs meigs and fails to work the height advantages then my money is on meigs.

GCA starts Gatlinburg Christmas Classic Monday. Really looking forward to driving to GP three days in a row the week before christmas lol

Big teams that slow the game down kill us. Our halfcourt offense and defense is pretty rough. We are at our best when we are putting pressure on teams and running. We have had several quarters where we have scored 30 plus points and then some we struggle to get ten and that is when they slow it down and we just set back and let them. They do play hard and I think they were a little tired. Good luck up in GP. I hope to see you guys play Clay. We will be up in PF all next week so we feel your pain. It took us about 45 minutes to go from our hotel to the high school which was only about a mile away. Traffic is the worst part of the trip but its worth it to play some quality teams.

I dont think I have ever blamed a loss on officiating , but I am tempted to say it was a big factor in the outcome of the Meigs -Clinton rematch this eve! 1 team foul in a half is rare in high school ball especially with the hand check rules!! Our guards were hand/forearm checked consistently in the game tonight , made it tough to get separation !! Congrats to Clinton on the win, time for Meigs to regroup and go to work!!

Edited by TFL

I dont think I have ever blamed a loss on officiating , but I am tempted to say it was a big factor in the outcome of the Meigs -Clinton rematch this eve! 1 team foul in a half is rare in high school ball especially with the hand check rules!! Our guards were hand/forearm checked consistently in the game tonight , made it tough to get separation !! Congrats to Clinton on the win, time for Meigs to regroup and go to work!!

Lets see how they take the loss going into next weeks big tournment in Pigeon Forge. Four games in four days against some pretty good opponents. They need to regroup fast and be ready to play next week. Grace and McMinn are right around the corner after the break also. We should see what they are made of the next two weeks and see if they are really contenders for a run to state

Lets see how they take the loss going into next weeks big tournment in Pigeon Forge. Four games in four days against some pretty good opponents. They need to regroup fast and be ready to play next week. Grace and McMinn are right around the corner after the break also. We should see what they are made of the next two weeks and see if they are really contenders for a run to state

You are exactly right!!