2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Lets see how they take the loss going into next weeks big tournment in Pigeon Forge. Four games in four days against some pretty good opponents. They need to regroup fast and be ready to play next week. Grace and McMinn are right around the corner after the break also. We should see what they are made of the next two weeks and see if they are really contenders for a run to state

youre exactly right we will see what the kids are made of now! I don't think I've ever heard of a basketball game with the fouls being so lopsided. 15 fouls on Meigs and only 1 on Clinton??? Meigs by no means played there best this entire tournament but that doesn't give the officials the right to control the outcome of the game.....Meigs is a resilient bunch they will bounce back and who knows maybe a loss was good for this bunch to let them know they can be beat.

youre exactly right we will see what the kids are made of now! I don't think I've ever heard of a basketball game with the fouls being so lopsided. 15 fouls on Meigs and only 1 on Clinton??? Meigs by no means played there best this entire tournament but that doesn't give the officials the right to control the outcome of the game.....Meigs is a resilient bunch they will bounce back and who knows maybe a loss was good for this bunch to let them know they can be beat.

Well Arnold pickd up his 3rd foul ata Beardon 2:47 into the 1st quarter. Changed the whole game early........use too when I was a ref I would coach the players in the first half and call tighter in 2nd. If one team keeps fouling to the point of 15-1 then the coach of that team needs to take timeouts and work the refs and his team over

Lets see how they take the loss going into next weeks big tournment in Pigeon Forge. Four games in four days against some pretty good opponents. They need to regroup fast and be ready to play next week. Grace and McMinn are right around the corner after the break also. We should see what they are made of the next two weeks and see if they are really contenders for a run to state

Meigs will be there!

Well Arnold pickd up his 3rd foul ata Beardon 2:47 into the 1st quarter. Changed the whole game early........use too when I was a ref I would coach the players in the first half and call tighter in 2nd. If one team keeps fouling to the point of 15-1 then the coach of that team needs to take timeouts and work the refs and his team over

I understand what you're saying but Meigs played Clinton twice in two days. That's 4 halfs of basketball and Clinton was in the double bonus in every half then all of a sudden in the 2nd half of the championship game AT Clinton they only commit 1 foul the entire second half? However, Meigs should have played better and not even put themselves in that situation....... Keep us updated on how grace does tonight. Hope y'all represent district 3 well and I know y'all will

I agree, we didnt do much about the situation besides the kids kept playing hard. I seen the video of the Bearden game and the Arnold fouls was really questionable. I would said almost mysterious. Grace kept playing hard however and your two point guards, the senior and freshman both handled the ball exceptionally against Bearden. If the senior would not have fouled out I believe you all would have pulled it out.

WOW....I love our guys I really do but tonight was a frustrating game vs Pikeville KY

!st Half - one of the best halves all year. Arnold was 11-13 with 24 points In the first half. GCA was up like 56-42. GCA had 31 in first quarter. Playing pretty good team ball although crappy defense. Gave up way to many 3 balls and let Pikeville hang around. 

2nd Half = OMG

GCA scored 13 points and lost I think like 87-69. Arnold had maybe 4 in the 2nd half. My point being we got away from what was working in the first half and just got rolled hard. I think we had 5 point 3rd quarter. I am left shaking my head after tonight and wondering if we can even win our district much less return to state. 

Tough night, I know the kids are disappointed but we let that one get away. Losers bracket next two days. Work to get better. 

WOW....I love our guys I really do but tonight was a frustrating game vs Pikeville KY

!st Half - one of the best halves all year. Arnold was 11-13 with 24 points In the first half. GCA was up like 56-42. GCA had 31 in first quarter. Playing pretty good team ball although crappy defense. Gave up way to many 3 balls and let Pikeville hang around. 

2nd Half = OMG

GCA scored 13 points and lost I think like 87-69. Arnold had maybe 4 in the 2nd half. My point being we got away from what was working in the first half and just got rolled hard. I think we had 5 point 3rd quarter. I am left shaking my head after tonight and wondering if we can even win our district much less return to state. 

Tough night, I know the kids are disappointed but we let that one get away. Losers bracket next two days. Work to get better. 

Sounds like it was a rough night. I seen the score earlier and was wondering what went down. I was hoping for a Clay County rematch but you guys let us down. I seen they barely pulled it out. See how they handle playing in the losers bracket will show a lot about who they are. Its got to be tough to lose that way.

2nd Half = OMG

It's a hard pill to swallow sometimes when you know your team is better than what they show at times!! Good luck the rest of the tournament, represent 3A well!! Thanks for the updates !

2nd Half = OMG

even if you cant win the district its alright or region, you all should still get to state just as for us if we can get it together

2nd Half = OMG

once a team gets close to January, a team often is what it is. At this point, GCA has beaten all the weaker teams and lost to all the decent teams. Is that maybe just what this team is? Or are they gonna be better AND consistent enough to get through the district and region?

Same question of the oakdale team in 4a.. 3 or 4 seniors, yet they lost to a mediocre union county yesterday... Maybe these two are just what they are???