2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Saw one of the best ball games of the year tonight get marred by the ending. Grace up by 2 with 14 seconds left and a ref calls an intentional foul on the inbounds. Coalfield kid gets a T and GCA ends up winning by 6. 12thmanGCA I was really impressed with your son. He had to have around 40 tonight. Difference in the ballgame was at the FT line. CF probably didn't shoot 50% at the stripe while Grace knocked them down.[/quote

Thank you. I was proud of him and the whole team. CJ put in like 9 straight Ft in second half. Everybody stepped up. As far as the technical well the refs hands were tied. By rule if you hold a player before the ball is thrown in then it has to be intentional foul. No other call to make.

i dont wont to start any nonsense on coacht but the game was seprated by like 3 fouls. So good bad ugly it was consistent. And I could see Coalfield fans steaming and yelling over the back but Connor is pretty good at using his 6-8 and 32in vertical to reach over 5-10 250lb kids who don't jump. And thats not a knock it is what it is. You want over the back then box out and jump not just box.

Coalfied played well but again I would bet GCA had 20 turnovers. And most were not due to suffocating coalfield defense. So coalfield is too good to do that and expect in to be a blowout. 21 can play good year for yellow jackets!

We have to fix turnovers to make the boro and all kids everywhere need to play better D

5'10, 250?? Really...? Better check those glasses. Anyway...yea, foul line was big. GCA made theirs, CF missed too many.

I thought the two killers were the GCA kid running under CF's #2 scorer and the call being a charge which wiped out a basket and a possible 3pt play...u can't run under someone already in the air....more importantly he had to sit for 10 mins in first half. The second was same kid getting fouled on a layup...no call. Then he and a GCA kid scramble for loose ball...the call was intential foul on the CF kid.. Really? Intentional? If he fouled on loose ball, fine...but intentional? That was brutal. Then he had to sit again. 18 pts agame sitting on two terrible calls... Not mention the pts off the calls. Don't have the book...but at least 5 or 6 right there...plus sitting a key player. Losing team can always find 4 or 5 they don't like...but those two really hurt... And we're really, really tough ones.

ame="12thmanGCA" post="3501831" timestamp="1456627547"]

5'10, 250?? Really...? Better check those glasses. Anyway...yea, foul line was big. GCA made theirs, CF missed too many.

I thought the two killers were the GCA kid running under CF's #2 scorer and the call being a charge which wiped out a basket and a possible 3pt play...u can't run under someone already in the air....more importantly he had to sit for 10 mins in first half. The second was same kid getting fouled on a layup...no call. Then he and a GCA kid scramble for loose ball...the call was intential foul on the CF kid.. Really? Intentional? If he fouled on loose ball, fine...but intentional? That was brutal. Then he had to sit again. 18 pts agame sitting on two terrible calls... Not mention the pts off the calls. Don't have the book...but at least 5 or 6 right there...plus sitting a key player. Losing team can always find 4 or 5 they don't like...but those two really hurt... And we're really, really tough ones.

I thought the first intentional foul call was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. It was a loose ball foul, I still don't know how the ref said it was intentional they were both going for the ball. Edited by TheMan2015

Cannot wait for Tuesday. Oakdale handled Rockwood without Steinmetz playing a minute, and Grace put out a very good Coalfield team. Oakdale/Grace will be intense. Grace has the better 1-3, but I believe Oakdale's team as a whole is better. Grace won't be able to outrun Oakdale and vice versa. This game will be decided by rebounding and foul trouble/free throws. Each team can run and shoot just as good as each other. If Oakdale doesn't fix their transition D, Grace could win big though. I expect a game in the 80's or 90's.

I think the Eagles will come out on top in a close one.

Cannot wait for Tuesday. Oakdale handled Rockwood without Steinmetz playing a minute, and Grace put out a very good Coalfield team. Oakdale/Grace will be intense. Grace has the better 1-3, but I believe Oakdale's team as a whole is better. Grace won't be able to outrun Oakdale and vice versa. This game will be decided by rebounding and foul trouble/free throws. Each team can run and shoot just as good as each other. If Oakdale doesn't fix their transition D, Grace could win big though. I expect a game in the 80's or 90's.

It should be an excellent game. Grace will have the best player on the floor but Maverick will be the second best player and he should have a big game. Oakdale shoots the ball better than Coalfield and they had a lot of open looks. I'd expect a shootout and I could see it coming down to has the ball last.

the OD team I've seen or 4or 5 times would beat the GCA team I saw last night. But I'm sure the grace folks would say they could play better... So it should be a good game. In hoops, if you have the best player, as GCA will, you've got a good shot. Edited by CAH09

what are the match ups that remain and where are they being played?

Harriman vs. Meigs - 6:00 PM Tuesday at Wartburg.  Grace vs. Oakdale- 7:30 Tuesday at Wartburg.  I think Meigs 1-2 punch of Meadows & Moore will be enough to take down Harriman. Meadows had 34 and Moore had 31 against Jellico in the opening round of region. Much to everyone's surprise, Jellico gave Meigs a very good game on their home floor 90-80 final. I heard Jellico shot the ball very well to stay in the game. Unless Harriman can knock down some outside shots against Meigs, I think Meigs will pull away in the second half and win by 10 plus points. I think Harriman will get some open looks from the outside against Meigs but they will need to make 7-8 3"s to pull off the upset.  I think Grace will pull out the win against Oakdale...... I personally think Grace will handle the enviornment at Wartburg........ it will be standing room only with Oakdale playing....... it will be interesting to see how Oakdale handles the environment and the region semi-final stage as they have not been here in a while and Grace has. If Grace runs Oakdale's shooters off the 3-point line and makes them take challenged 2's....... then I can see Grace having enough size to bother those shots. Smith will get his points for Oakdale, but can they knock down enough 3's to make it intersting.I think Grace will pull out the win by 8 points. It should be a fun night of region semi-finals action........ best of luck to all 4 teams! Better get there early, if you want to stand......if you want a seat get there by 5:00 PM.

Congrats to Oakdale on a fine season and really a fine 2nd half comeback. They played hard and get the award for rowdiest fan section. 71-60 GCA victory to advance to play Meigs (imagine that) in the Regional Championship Thursday Night at 7pm @ wartburg HS again. 

All five GCA starters were in double digits tonight. Great Job guys.