Kayla Hudson

pioneer42

Looking way too much into it. Hudson was a good high school basketball player and it will be interesting to see how good of a HS basketball coach she is. Let us know how many players attend her school out of zone. I'm guessing not very many at all. Good lucky to Kayla.

All that you can say is "good high school player"? How about winning the state title, being named tournament MVP, named to the All State Team, all star game MVP, and Miss Basketball? That's just her senior year in high school...in college she won two national titles, set the school record for assists, had a 146-6 record as starting point guard, was named a first team All American, and was recognized by the Madison Co. Sports Hall Of Fame.

She has not yet proven how good she will be as a coach, but don't downplay her accomplishments or the name recognition that is there among the kids. I wouldn't bet against her basketball smarts either. If the coaches she played for, and the way she played the game translates to the way she coaches, she will succeed in time.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She refuses to lose and takes it personal. Her work ethic and knowing and teaching fundamentals and paying attention to detail as well as knowing the X and O's system of Campbell will be the difference. People that don't know her don't study girls basketball in West TN and will know her shortly.

Edited by pioneer42

She refuses to lose and takes it personal. Her work ethic and knowing and teaching fundamentals and paying attention to detail as well as knowing the X and O's system of Campbell will be the difference. People that don't know her don't study girls basketball in West TN and will know her shortly.

you forgot a very important factor..she knows how to drive a tractor and she knows what it is to work hard on the farm

I'm sure people were saying the same thing about Tiffany Woosley after a storied career at Shelbyville Central under Insell and under Summit with the Lady Vols. Obviously Hudson had a good playing careerjust saying let her learn as a Coach without all this hoopla. I don't know anyone not cheering for her.