Class A State Bracket

bluecollar

I was at the game and didn't see anything malicious at all. I honestly thought the ump was saying something to the first baseman at first as he completely stood in the baseline instead of just tagging the base and ending the inning.

As for the second NG pitcher hitting two OHS batters, that was completely unintentional. If you watch high school baseball, you realize this is part of the game sometimes, especially when batters crowd the plate. I didn't hear any laughs from the third base sideline as it appeared one of those hit batters was hurt and that's never a good thing to see.

The whole thing was blown way out of proportion by the official and was critical to the outcome of the game. Life's lessons are sometimes unfair. My kids have had to deal with that many times already and it really is hard to understand, but it makes you grow from it.

Rant over....

Thank you. Agree 100%.

Good game Peabody!!! Kept the Summertown bats that have been so hot as of late very quiet today. 

Take note of the next couple of years in Class A ball. For the past two years (2013 and 2014) Lawrence County has won the state championship in Babe Ruth Baseball as 13s and as 14s and has gone on to the world series, finishing second in 2013. Most of that team is from Loretto. They were freshmen this season. Lawrenceburg is hosting the 15 year old Babe Ruth World Series this year in August. As the host, Lawrenceburg is automatically included in the World Series. It will be this teams 3rd straight season to make an appearance. Most of the players, as I said, are from Loretto with a couple sprinkled in from Lawrenceburg and Summertown. Bailey Burlison is one of those players. I would go out on a limb and venture to say that teams from Lawrence County (Loretto and Summertown) will also be a factor at the Boro for the next few years.

Lets see some round 1 predictions...

Cornersville 5 vs Huntington 4

Boyd Buchanan 3 vs Knox Grace 9

Summertown 7 vs Peabody 6

Onieda 1 vs Goodpatsure 3

Interesting, I went 3-1 after round 1. I really didn't see Peabody beating Summertown but they were able to control the game so Bravo for a good win.

Cornersville 2 vs Grace Christian 12

Boud Buchanan 7 vs Huntington 3

Summertown 6 vs Oneida 4

Goodpasture 6 vs Peabody 3

1   2   3   4   5   6   7  R

Oneida             0  0   0   0   0             0 

Summertown   2  0   0   1   5              8

Edited by 81ballfan

1   2   3   4   5   6   7  R

Oneida             0  0   0   0   0   2    0    2 

Summertown   2  0   0   1   5   0    -     8

Ballgame!