Pre-season Poll: Class 6A Region 1

CoachT

Pre-Season Rankings  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the top team for the region in 2015.

• Bearden
    • Bradley Central
    • Dobyns Bennett
    • Hardin Valley
    • Jefferson County
    • Maryville
    • Science Hill
    • William Blount

Here is my guess. I don't know a lot about what some of them lost so it's mostly a guess.

1. Maryville

2. Dobyns-Bennett

3. Hardin Valley

4. Science Hill

5. William Blount

6. Bearden

7. Bradley Central

8. Jefferson County

Even if it's not D-B at the number two I think a strong number two will emerge.

I think 3-7 are really up for grabs and there might be some teams that beat a team that finishes higher than them.

Edited by SteersNBeers

Let me preface my post by saying this, I know that 7 on 7 is not real football. It does give you a good picture of a team in 2 major areas though: How athletic they are, and how well coached they are as far as discipline and scheme. 

With that said, I traveled down to Maryville College to watch a ton of teams yesterday in the annual passing day, mainly to see if all this hype about William Blount being decent is for real.  After watching what I believe was every team from the new region that traveled to MC, here are my rankings of the teams I watched.

1. Maryville: I didn't need to see them play.  They're the best.

2. Hardin Valley: This team is extremely athletic and will surprise some folks, especially in NE Tennessee.  A couple of big time LB's and a couple of really athletic WR/Safeties. Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill don't need to think they've locked up 2 or 3 just yet.  Not sure about how well they're coached though as it always seems like they underachieve.

3. Bearden: Again, I'm not predicting they finish 3rd. They were the 3rd best team from this region represented by a long shot.  They look significantly more disciplined than Hardin Valley, but less athletic.  Great QB (Big Arm), a couple of good WR's, and a good LB.

William Blount and Jefferson County will without a doubt still be competing for last place in this region IMO.  Jeff County has a couple of nice athletes but that's about it.  Shadowens obviously has a nice reputation and success as a head coach, but just to give you a heads up, he's basically got the same staff of assistants as last year's WB staff  (Not Good). He also didn't have the opportunity to bring his ball players from Blackmon either. William Blount is talent depleted, just as I had suspected (Less talented than Jefferson County).  WB will finish in front of Jeff though because those kids will play harder for Shadowens.  

Let me preface my post by saying this, I know that 7 on 7 is not real football. It does give you a good picture of a team in 2 major areas though: How athletic they are, and how well coached they are as far as discipline and scheme.

With that said, I traveled down to Maryville College to watch a ton of teams yesterday in the annual passing day, mainly to see if all this hype about William Blount being decent is for real. After watching what I believe was every team from the new region that traveled to MC, here are my rankings of the teams I watched.

1. Maryville: I didn't need to see them play. They're the best.

2. Hardin Valley: This team is extremely athletic and will surprise some folks, especially in NE Tennessee. A couple of big time LB's and a couple of really athletic WR/Safeties. Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill don't need to think they've locked up 2 or 3 just yet. Not sure about how well they're coached though as it always seems like they underachieve.

3. Bearden: Again, I'm not predicting they finish 3rd. They were the 3rd best team from this region represented by a long shot. They look significantly more disciplined than Hardin Valley, but less athletic. Great QB (Big Arm), a couple of good WR's, and a good LB.

William Blount and Jefferson County will without a doubt still be competing for last place in this region IMO. Jeff County has a couple of nice athletes but that's about it. Shadowens obviously has a nice reputation and success as a head coach, but just to give you a heads up, he's basically got the same staff of assistants as last year's WB staff (Not Good). He also didn't have the opportunity to bring his ball players from Blackmon either. William Blount is talent depleted, just as I had suspected (Less talented than Jefferson County). WB will finish in front of Jeff though because those kids will play harder for Shadowens.

We played hardin valley last year and a couple years ago in the playoffs. They are a good team

With that said, I traveled down to Maryville College to watch a ton of teams yesterday in the annual passing day, mainly to see if all this hype about William Blount being decent is for real. After watching what I believe was every team from the new region that traveled to MC, here are my rankings of the teams I watched.

1. Maryville: I didn't need to see them play. They're the best.

2. Hardin Valley: This team is extremely athletic and will surprise some folks, especially in NE Tennessee. A couple of big time LB's and a couple of really athletic WR/Safeties. Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill don't need to think they've locked up 2 or 3 just yet. Not sure about how well they're coached though as it always seems like they underachieve.

3. Bearden: Again, I'm not predicting they finish 3rd. They were the 3rd best team from this region represented by a long shot. They look significantly more disciplined than Hardin Valley, but less athletic. Great QB (Big Arm), a couple of good WR's, and a good LB.

William Blount and Jefferson County will without a doubt still be competing for last place in this region IMO. Jeff County has a couple of nice athletes but that's about it. Shadowens obviously has a nice reputation and success as a head coach, but just to give you a heads up, he's basically got the same staff of assistants as last year's WB staff (Not Good). He also didn't have the opportunity to bring his ball players from Blackmon either. William Blount is talent depleted, just as I had suspected (Less talented than Jefferson County). WB will finish in front of Jeff though because those kids will play harder for Shadowens.

Haha! That's funny! And WB's best receiver (along with a few others) didn't even participate yesterday. Edited by Governors91

Don't listen to big poppa pump, WB will be greatly improved this year. I watched part of the 7 on 7s yesterday and while I was there I did not see many complete passes and didnt see anybody score on our defense.Our defense looked good and had a few interceptions and pick 6's. I didn't see our offense score either but our best receiver wasn't even there. Taking a team's best athlete out of the offense will affect any team.

Edited by Governors91

Don't listen to big poppa pump, WB will be greatly improved this year. I watched part of the 7 on 7s yesterday and while I was there I did not see many complete passes and didnt see anybody score on our defense.Our defense looked good and had a few interceptions and pick 6's. I didn't see our offense score either but our best receiver wasn't even there. Taking a team's best athlete out of the offense will affect any team.

Any turnovers in the red zone?