Pre-season Poll: Class 6A Region 1

CoachT

Pre-Season Rankings  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the top team for the region in 2015.

• Bearden
    • Bradley Central
    • Dobyns Bennett
    • Hardin Valley
    • Jefferson County
    • Maryville
    • Science Hill
    • William Blount

Waco, I actually was thinking this was the old Region 1, clicked Science Hill over Dobyns-Bennett and hit the button, before I saw Murlville.  I then thought, "well crap, that was not good".  So, consider my vote simply placing DB below Science Hill.  Thanks for your cancelling vote though.

I think you thought the "1 man show" had another year of at Science Hill. They'll finish forth of fifth this year.

I expect DB to be good. Was impressed with King Russell when I saw him against Sevier County.

DB  has  a couple of really good backs in King and Jacoby.They also have a young back that reminds me of what John Riggins might have looked like in the 10th grade,{ yep,I know there will probably never be another John Riggins } but this young man runs North and South with very good speed and is a strong runner.Some good skill players with speed on both sides of the ball......All that said,there isn't another team in east TN that can run all new lineman and skill players into the game  { two or three times }and still be great like Maryville can.

I expect DB to be good. Was impressed with King Russell when I saw him against Sevier County.

Clark needs to turn Russell loose. With the exception of the Sevier Co. game last year it was almost like they were saving him for something or trying to hide him. Kind of weird I thought. Sort of reminded me of the way they did with Adonis Johnson, who was the best running back DB has ever had. He was lucky to get 12 runs a game.

DB has a couple of really good backs in King and Jacoby.They also have a young back that reminds me of what John Riggins might have looked like in the 10th grade,{ yep,I know there will probably never be another John Riggins } but this young man runs North and South with very good speed and is a strong runner.Some good skill players with speed on both sides of the ball......All that said,there isn't another team in east TN that can run all new lineman and skill players into the game { two or three times }and still be great like Maryville can.

Gerald riggins at red bank looked a lot like him ;)

Clark needs to turn Russell loose. With the exception of the Sevier Co.

game last year it was almost like they were saving him for something or trying to hide him. Kind of weird I thought. Sort of reminded me of the way they did with Adonis Johnson, who was the best running back DB has ever had. He was lucky to get 12 runs a game.

I wish they his him against sevier co. A great football player for sure

• 4 weeks later...