Pre-season Poll: Class 6A Region 1

CoachT

Pre-Season Rankings  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the top team for the region in 2015.

• Bearden
    • Bradley Central
    • Dobyns Bennett
    • Hardin Valley
    • Jefferson County
    • Maryville
    • Science Hill
    • William Blount

These are Murphy Fair's predictions for the region:

1-Maryville

2-Science Hill

3-Dobyns Bennett

4-Hardin Valley

5-Bradley Central

6-William Blount

7-Jefferson County

8-Bearden

I would flip WB and Bradley and flip Jeff Co and Bearden.

Edited by Governors91

William Blount got beat by an 0-9 Bearden team that was one of the worst in school history last year.  I'm with KnoxDad. What makes you think they beat them this year?  Haha.

1. Maryville (The Best)

2. DBn(???)

3. Hardin Valley (I may be too high on this team)

4. Science Hill (???)

5. Bradley Central (Heard the QB is a beast)

6. Bearden (Good QB and a few large school athletes)

7. William Blount (Anyone who can't play for Alcoa and Maryville, and now probably Heritage)

8. Jefferson County (Struggling)

William Blount got beat by an 0-9 Bearden team that was one of the worst in school history last year. I'm with KnoxDad. What makes you think they beat them this year? Haha.

1. Maryville (The Best)

2. DBn(???)

3. Hardin Valley (I may be too high on this team)

4. Science Hill (???)

5. Bradley Central (Heard the QB is a beast)

6. Bearden (Good QB and a few large school athletes)

7. William Blount (Anyone who can't play for Alcoa and Maryville, and now probably Heritage)

8. Jefferson County (Struggling)

Dude you don't have any insight into how that game went. WB had a 14-0 lead for most of the first half. But turnovers and stupid penalties prevented us from putting that game away. That game should have had a running clock for the whole 2nd half. That game was a shining example of the lack of discipline that has plagued this football program since Meadows left. But those days are over!!!!! So teams best forget about that WB program because it is gone. We now have one of the best coaches in the state and he has already come a long way in establishing a winning culture at WB. WB will have a very solid team this year! Count on it!

Dude you don't have any insight into how that game went. WB had a 14-0 lead for most of the first half. But turnovers and stupid penalties prevented us from putting that game away. That game should have had a running clock for the whole 2nd half. That game was a shining example of the lack of discipline that has plagued this football program since Meadows left. But those days are over!!!!! So teams best forget about that WB program because it is gone. We now have one of the best coaches in the state and he has already come a long way in establishing a winning culture at WB. WB will have a very solid team this year! Count on it!

Just checked the score real quick.  So you're telling me that WB should have put away, by mercy rule, a game they lost 34-14??? I don't have any insight into the game, but regardless of what the score was at half, they gave up 34 unanswered?

7. William Blount (Anyone who can't play for Alcoa and Maryville, and now probably Heritage )

What a clown! This part proves you are a troll trying to stir the pot. Heritage? Heritage? Heritage?!?!?? The team that hasnt beat WB since most of the players on both teams have been alive? Ha! WB has beaten Heritage by our superior talent alone the past few years. And now that Shad is here they dont have a chance in h*ll of beating us. So keep smoking what you're smoking if you want to believe that. Because if you truly believe that you are on drugs that are too strong for me.

What a simpleton... We were up 14-0 twith atleast 5 other opportunities to expand the lead and put that game away. If we had a halfway disciplined team we would have crushed their spirits and cruised to victory.... We kept them in that game by shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again. With just a few minutes to go in the 1st half one of our turnovers resulted in their first score. At that point they were only down 14-7 and the bearden seniors rallied the team to get their first win. If WB had taken care of business that would have never happened. And even if Bearden had still scored those 34 unanswered points it wouldn't have mattered. That game came down to WB's lack of discipline. Plain and simple.

Edited by Governors91

These are Murphy Fair's predictions for the region:

1-Maryville

2-Science Hill

3-Dobyns Bennett

4-Hardin Valley

5-Bradley Central

6-William Blount

7-Jefferson County

8-Bearden

I would flip WB and Bradley and flip Jeff Co and Bearden.

1-Maryville

2-Bradley Central

3-Dobyns Bennett

4-Harden Valley

5-Science Hill

6-William Blount

7-Bearden

8-Red Neck Co.

I am at every single WB game every single year and I can confidently say that the scores/outcomes of the games since 09 do not tell the full story. I have watched WB teams that had the potential to win games lose alot because the leadership and discipline just hasn't been there. And we have come painfully close to winning games against good teams but that lack of discipline has bitten us on the azz every time. So dont let the records and scores fool you. The Jeff Co game last year is also a shining example of this. It ended up being a nail biter but the reality is our offense had our way with them and could have easily put up 50 points but we had a bunch of turnovers and what should have been a blowout ended up being a close game where Jeff Co had a chance to win on a fieldgoal right at the end. Luckily they missed that fieldgoal and it wasn't another one of those "woulda,coulda,shoulda" heartbreakers that have been a common theme for WB lately.

Edited by Governors91

What a simpleton... We were up 14-0 twith atleast 5 other opportunities to expand the lead and put that game away. If we had a halfway disciplined team we would have crushed their spirits and cruised to victory.... We kept them in that game by shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again. With just a few minutes to go in the 1st half one of our turnovers resulted in their first score. At that point they were only down 14-7 and the bearden seniors rallied the team to get their first win. If WB had taken care of business that would have never happened. And even if Bearden had still scored those 34 unanswered points it wouldn't have mattered. That game came down to WB's lack of discipline. Plain and simple.

A simpleton is someone who is so myopic that they can't get out of themselves to recognize the achievements of others.  A simpleton would never give credit to anyone for beating his team.  A simpleton would constantly place the blame on his own team for blowing a game.  I have watched time and time again you say that the only reason WB is not good is because they hurt themselves, and not just with the Bearden game from last year.  It is always WB shooting themselves in the foot.  It is always WB and its coaching.  It is always WB and turning the ball over.  It is always WB with its penalties.  It is never, "William Blount just isn't as good as another team." Sometimes other teams are better than your team.  Just recognize that.  WB is always the star of your story, and that my friend is the definition of a "simpleton".  It is one thing to root for your favorite team.  It is another to have absolutely NO objectivity when making comments on here.  You are a fanboy.