Pre-season Poll: Class 6A Region 1

CoachT

Pre-Season Rankings  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the top team for the region in 2015.

• Bearden
    • Bradley Central
    • Dobyns Bennett
    • Hardin Valley
    • Jefferson County
    • Maryville
    • Science Hill
    • William Blount

I told myself I wasn't going to comment on any of your posts this year because lets be honest it's a waste of time. But I have to call you out on this one. Last spring when everyone was jumping all over you because WB got smacked by Catholic, you repeatedly said that its a spring scrimmage and it doesn't mean anything. All because the results weren't to your liking. This year, now that WB beat up on another team, a team that typically is pretty good, the spring scrimmage can tell us how the whole season will shape out.

I am only saying this to point out that you are hypocrite, at least when it comes to WB, and I don't need you to rant about how the scrimmage shows a different culture, attitude, and displine. We got it.

Well that's fair. But it's no different than all the naysayers that have said Cleveland is learning a new offensive system and that's why they looked so bad against us. We had a brand new coach at the time too! lol I think everyone says scrimmages don't matter when they lose them. Edited by Governors91

I see what you are saying, had he hyped his team up and stated lets go knock off the number 1 team in the state in 5A, then you guys wouldn't have coughed the ball up or been penalized so much. Just maybe the score would have been 60-14 or maybe even 21. Your boys were beat when they watched film on West and your coach could have said nothing to change that.

Based off of how we played all last year on defense I'm not sure if they even watched film or worked on it in practice. So I can't really comment on that.lol I am halfway joking but still... A coach has got to get his players believing they can win or else there is no point getting on the bus.

Well that's fair. But it's no different than all the naysayers that have said Cleveland is learning a new offensive system and that's why they looked so bad against us. We had a brand new coach at the time too! lol

I think that would also be a fair assessment also.

Well that's fair. But it's no different than all the naysayers that have said Cleveland is learning a new offensive system and that's why they looked so bad against us. We had a brand new coach at the time too! lol

Cleveland lost 17 starters! 17 of 22! They are awful! Don't buy into the vomit your buddy PA feeds you!

Cleveland lost 17 starters! 17 of 22! They are awful! Don't buy into the vomit your buddy PA feeds you!

And we only have 8 starters back from last year, so we aren't much better off than them in that regard. I don't believe what Passive says. Im going off what I saw in the spring. Cleveland had some good athletes but we were better prepared defensively. If it had been one of our last 2 coaches taking WB down there for that scrimmage I guarantee you we would have gotten blown off the field. Edited by Governors91

I think that would also be a fair assessment also.

Well think of it this way. Remember last year when everyone said that Heritage only beat Alcoa in the Jamboree because they were running their goalline offense and holding back starters? And how Alcoa would kill Heritage in the regular season? Well if I remember correctly Heritage ended up competing really well with Alcoa in the regular season despite losing. The fact of the matter is any team that loses a scrimmage is always going to downplay the importance of scrimmages. But the reality is scrimmages tell you more about a team than people give them credit for. Our scrimmages last year revealed that our defense sucked. But you weren't going to hear that from me because being a negative Nancy isn't any fun. I much prefer talking trash and building hype. What am I saying? I am not always serious when I say the things I say. It's just you are never really going to hear me saying I think we are going to lose even if I think we are going to lose. I will be honest.... I really thought the streak was going to end last year. I'm glad it didn't though.

Well think of it this way. Remember last year when everyone said that Heritage only beat Alcoa in the Jamboree because they were running their goalline offense and holding back starters? And how Alcoa would kill Heritage in the regular season? Well if I remember correctly Heritage ended up competing really well with Alcoa in the regular season despite losing. The fact of the matter is any team that loses a scrimmage is always going to downplay the importance of scrimmages. But the reality is scrimmages tell you more about a team................................

Yep jist like Will-yum Blunt's winn ovur Mairvul inn tha jambree....???.................. :popcorneater:

How "good" is DB going to be, in your opinions?

Athletic Running Backs and a very Athletic and built (for his size) Quarterback in Maupin. An all State selection out of JR Bryce Barret if I have heard correctly?

How is the line? Size wise?

Aside from the Rebs, who else are tough games?

How "good" is DB going to be, in your opinions?

Athletic Running Backs and a very Athletic and built (for his size) Quarterback in Maupin. An all State selection out of JR Bryce Barret if I have heard correctly?

How is the line? Size wise?

Aside from the Rebs, who else are tough games?

Pretty solid at all positions except OL and DB. Offensive line is young and inexperienced. They'll have to grow up in a hurry. Defensive backfield has terrible coaching so they'll give up a ton of yards to any passing team, just like they always do. Aside from that the defense should be solid if the new DC can coach. All games on the schedule are four quarter games. I don't see any "over at halftime type games". And win or lose, that makes DB's football program stronger.

Pretty solid at all positions except OL and DB. Offensive line is young and inexperienced. They'll have to grow up in a hurry. Defensive backfield has terrible coaching so they'll give up a ton of yards to any passing team, just like they always do. Aside from that the defense should be solid if the new DC can coach. All games on the schedule are four quarter games. I don't see any "over at halftime type games". And win or lose, that makes DB's football program stronger.

I'm disappointed we aren't playing this year after 2 great games. DB had the best OL we faced last year; no doubt it'll be tough to replace. This will be one of the most interesting districts from 2nd place down and I can't see DB finishing worse than 3rd. Good luck all and stay healthy.