Pre-season Poll: Class 6A Region 1

CoachT

Pre-Season Rankings  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the top team for the region in 2015.

• Bearden
    • Bradley Central
    • Dobyns Bennett
    • Hardin Valley
    • Jefferson County
    • Maryville
    • Science Hill
    • William Blount

It wouldn't shock me if DB were 6-4 with the schedule and team they have.There are some teams that have enough talent and coaching to beat DB and it's not because DB don't have either.From everything I've heard,Oak Ridge is Oak Ridge again and Sevier county can play.That's not even starting on our own conference.Like I've said,if DB is 8-2,DB has had a very good season and beat some good ball teams.Now,if we get our backsides handed to us week in and week out,then yes DB doesn't have a small problem but a large one.Like GC or not and yes he is like myself and some what of a "smart guy" at times,but he is still one of the best coaches around.

Edited by BatmanDB

It wouldn't shock me if DB were 6-4 with the schedule and team they have.There are some teams that have enough talent and coaching to beat DB and it's not because DB don't have either.From everything I've heard,Oak Ridge is Oak Ridge again and Sevier county can play.That's not even starting on our own conference.Like I've said,if DB is 8-2,DB has had a very good season and beat some good ball teams.Now,if we get our backsides handed to us week in and week out,then yes DB doesn't have a small problem but a large one.Like GC or not and yes he is like myself and some what of a "smart guy" at times,but he is still one of the best coaches around.

The region should be very strong. I think the only lame ducks will be Bearden and Jeff Co. Maryville, Dobyns Bennett, and Science Hill will of course be expected to finish near the top. And then you have Hardin Valley, Bradley, and WB in the middle of the pack. Not necessarily in those orders.

The region should be very strong. I think the only lame ducks will be Bearden and Jeff Co. Maryville, Dobyns Bennett, and Science Hill will of course be expected to finish near the top. And then you have Hardin Valley, Bradley, and WB in the middle of the pack. Not necessarily in those orders.

I've seen some great Jeff co and Bearden teams  and even if they are down,I know there will still be some kids that can play. In other words,I don't overlook anyone.

Why do you think Bearden will be a lame duck and WB middle of the pack when the Bulldogs won last year? Is that purely on a coaching change? Not stirring the pot, just curious.

That "has been" needs to coach for a different fan base. Hope he goes to an appreciate bunch with more consistent talent. Careful what you wish for DB fans...

You see one post that calls Clark a "has been" and you connect that to the entire fan base? Also with the exception of Maryville DB has as much consistent talent as anyone.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I really would love to hear an actual prediction or honest answer about who between DB and SH will be stronger.  I'm removed and haven't watched either one in a couple of years.  Is there anyone who can give me a for real answer without being a homer on who should be better? Both should be in the top four in this region IMO.  

I really would love to hear an actual prediction or honest answer about who between DB and SH will be stronger.  I'm removed and haven't watched either one in a couple of years.  Is there anyone who can give me a for real answer without being a homer on who should be better? Both should be in the top four in this region IMO.  

My honest answer is it will be a tough game.A lot can happen by the end of a season when the game will be played.I got a lot of grief four or five years ago when I said SH was the team that worried me  for the future.I've always said there was just to much talent for them to be that average of a football program..Right now today,I'd give the home team a slight edge.

My honest answer is it will be a tough game.A lot can happen by the end of a season when the game will be played.I got a lot of grief four or five years ago when I said SH was the team that worried me  for the future.I've always said there was just to much talent for them to be that average of a football program..Right now today,I'd give the home team a slight edge.

Fair enough.  Is there a Makale Foreman or Malik Mague on either of this year's teams?  I know there will be athletes as there always is for these two teams, but is there a game changer that has the ability to almost single handedly win ball games by himself?  

Fair enough. Is there a Makale Foreman or Malik Mague on either of this year's teams? I know there will be athletes as there always is for these two teams, but is there a game changer that has the ability to almost single handedly win ball games by himself?

DB has the King kid. That kid d can ball