District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

I'll try.....I tend to get fixated on the game so much that I rarely do the tech stuff until it is all over.  If you twitter, indianradio or ihnews or bengarrett are great at keeping things updated during the games. 

By the way.....I think any team that puts a jersey on can win a region tournament game regardless of your personnel feelings regarding the match-up.  I was associated with a team that finished fourth in the district tournament one year and they rose up and won 4 straight games to reach the State Tournament. (true....it is rare but not impossible)  I am not saying it will happen tonight but there are teams that can potentially knock over the apple cart....so to speak.  I hope every team leaves the floor feeling they gave it their all because that is what it takes this time of year.  Good luck to all.

Kazzy

Will the Oneida/Grace game be on the radio? Streaming online? Does Wartburg have a radio station that broadcasts games?

Pretty sure it will be carried on radio.  Other thoughts of the day:

I think Meigs has very good team.  Wartburg will have to play well to have a chance.  If their shooters all show up (they certainly have a lot of them) then the 3 bsall could let them hang around for a spell.  If that reaches the fourth quarter (and I truthfully don't think it will), the pressure will fall squarely on Meigs shoulders.  AGAIN....I don't expect that to happen but you never know on a given night.

Coalfield must play tougher inside than Harriman, otherwise their bigs will just eat them up.  I would expect them to utilize Foster in the paint on defense for that reason alone....she is a tough kid.  Coalfield has to stick to whatever script Coach J sets for them.  My guess is she has knows a thing or two about Harriman.

Oneida-GCA......Jeez, Louise.....Newport-Duggins......Public-Private......West-Pridemore......I want our girls to let the fur fly tonight......!!!!! :thumb:

Kazzamah

I think that Oakdale is in big trouble as well.  They were the 5 seed coming in to the tournament so I think they have played well to just be in the region.  Midway by 15 but could be 40 if they wanted it to be.

Wartburg - really hit their stride in the second half of the season but 2 torn ACL's one of which was a very solid scorer and the other was an excellent rebounder and defender really hurt them before tournaments.  I felt like they would be 3rd out of the tournament and ended up in the finals.  both teams have overachieved.  Meigs by 15-20 after the 5 starters from Wartburg wear down with no bench.  It'll be close before then.

Oneida - Will beat Grace tonight 6-10 points.  Grace may be physically a little better but Oneida is really hot right now.

Coalfield - will lose by 20 plus to Harriman.   Harriman is just too big inside and Monkhouse will be the one that puts them over vs. Coalfield.

Valid assessment Dave.....I really believe this about that Coalfield team.....if they display more toughness against the Harriman girls they can certainly make a game of it.  I'm not singling anyone out but they definitely can't play with teams when they "get after it".  If they match Harriman's energy level through the game....it will be closer than +20 in my opinion.  Biggest mistake one can make is devalue a team's ability.  Remember.....Coalfield was the second best team in the district regardless of how the tournament turned out.  To me that makes them dangerous....

Kaz 

Valid assessment Dave.....I really believe this about that Coalfield team.....if they display more toughness against the Harriman girls they can certainly make a game of it. I'm not singling anyone out but they definitely can't play with teams when they "get after it". If they match Harriman's energy level through the game....it will be closer than +20 in my opinion. Biggest mistake one can make is devalue a team's ability. Remember.....Coalfield was the second best team in the district regardless of how the tournament turned out. To me that makes them dangerous....

Kaz

Pretty accurate assessment of Coalfield. Harrimans length will give them problems so Coalfield has to get Harriman in foul trouble.

CF by 1

Oneida by 7

Meigs by 19

Midway by 24

The broom is just a cruel irony of the evening.  I don't know what happened in the other gyms but we seemed to squander the edge of having home court advantage.  It was a tough night since we seemed to be about where we needed to be going into the fourth quarter. (up by 4 points)  I really feel for those Seniors who won 88 games over four years.  I'm sure to hear it from the masses, since we aren't going forward but the kids just left the last period a little undone.  I'll chime in later this week after sleeping off the taste of a bad night.

Kazzy

The broom is just a cruel irony of the evening. I don't know what happened in the other gyms but we seemed to squander the edge of having home court advantage. It was a tough night since we seemed to be about where we needed to be going into the fourth quarter. (up by 4 points) I really feel for those Seniors who won 88 games over four years. I'm sure to hear it from the masses, since we aren't going forward but the kids just left the last period a little undone. I'll chime in later this week after sleeping off the taste of a bad night.

Kazzy

Coalfield couldn't knock down enough shots to pull off the upset. They kept it close for 3.5 qtrs but didn't get the stops they needed and Harriman knocked down their free throws to finish it.