District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

Valid assessment Dave.....I really believe this about that Coalfield team.....if they display more toughness against the Harriman girls they can certainly make a game of it.  I'm not singling anyone out but they definitely can't play with teams when they "get after it".  If they match Harriman's energy level through the game....it will be closer than +20 in my opinion.  Biggest mistake one can make is devalue a team's ability.  Remember.....Coalfield was the second best team in the district regardless of how the tournament turned out.  To me that makes them dangerous....

Kaz 

I don't understand how Coalfield was the second best team if they didn't get the second place trophy.  Regular Season isn't really worth anything if you aren't in the #1 spot when it's over.  

I feel like Oneida had a very good season and should be very proud of what they did.  I was at the Wartburg vs. Meigs Co. Game and talked to coach about it and he was not happy that Grace had won.  Said they (Oneida) could've gone a long way.  I agree.  But, with one point Oneida lived off Wartburg and O.S. being down quite a bit this year.  They didn't really have anyone to challenge them.  Coalfield is good but doesn't usually bring the D in tournaments that O.S. and Wartburg are known for.

Wartburg was up 2 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.  Meigs is a good team but Melton for the Lady Dogs should have shot 20 free-throws herself.  Not saying that was the difference but it was a key point.  Wartburg needs a point guard, they haven't had one since Phillips graduated and will not return to the Region Semis until one shows up.  Really poor second half to the Lady Dog Guards and it ended in a 22 point loss.  Keep in mind with 11 minutes left they had the lead!  

I guess it's on to next year.  Hopefully with my job changing I'll be able to make it to more games next year.

Have a great off season 4A best of luck to everyone.

I don't understand how Coalfield was the second best team if they didn't get the second place trophy. Regular Season isn't really worth anything if you aren't in the #1 spot when it's over.

I feel like Oneida had a very good season and should be very proud of what they did. I was at the Wartburg vs. Meigs Co. Game and talked to coach about it and he was not happy that Grace had won. Said they (Oneida) could've gone a long way. I agree. But, with one point Oneida lived off Wartburg and O.S. being down quite a bit this year. They didn't really have anyone to challenge them. Coalfield is good but doesn't usually bring the D in tournaments that O.S. and Wartburg are known for.

Wartburg was up 2 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Meigs is a good team but Melton for the Lady Dogs should have shot 20 free-throws herself. Not saying that was the difference but it was a key point. Wartburg needs a point guard, they haven't had one since Phillips graduated and will not return to the Region Semis until one shows up. Really poor second half to the Lady Dog Guards and it ended in a 22 point loss. Keep in mind with 11 minutes left they had the lead!

I guess it's on to next year. Hopefully with my job changing I'll be able to make it to more games next year.

CF was the second best team in 4A by going 10-2 in district play. Upsets happen in the tournament and that's how the best team in district 3 ended up traveling to Wartburg last night.

I don't understand how Coalfield was the second best team if they didn't get the second place trophy.  Regular Season isn't really worth anything if you aren't in the #1 spot when it's over.  

I feel like Oneida had a very good season and should be very proud of what they did.  I was at the Wartburg vs. Meigs Co. Game and talked to coach about it and he was not happy that Grace had won.  Said they (Oneida) could've gone a long way.  I agree.  But, with one point Oneida lived off Wartburg and O.S. being down quite a bit this year.  They didn't really have anyone to challenge them.  Coalfield is good but doesn't usually bring the D in tournaments that O.S. and Wartburg are known for.

Wartburg was up 2 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.  Meigs is a good team but Melton for the Lady Dogs should have shot 20 free-throws herself.  Not saying that was the difference but it was a key point.  Wartburg needs a point guard, they haven't had one since Phillips graduated and will not return to the Region Semis until one shows up.  Really poor second half to the Lady Dog Guards and it ended in a 22 point loss.  Keep in mind with 11 minutes left they had the lead!  

I guess it's on to next year.  Hopefully with my job changing I'll be able to make it to more games next year.

So it basically came down to meigs shooting free throws? Amazing how they get fouls called so much in games, especially the second half...I guess it comes down to refs you get...Alot of kids just want to play basketball and dont want to work on drawing fouls but I`m telling you with Meigs and Harriman that could be the difference in a win or loss. They both have good coaches who more than likely have worked on this or maybe a good AAU coach?Sorry Melton didnt get her free throws!. Last question...Did Meigs coach seem as if he was speaking to refs a lot? :idea: I hate how some refs cant stand up to coaches trying to tell them how to do there job...Be a man and reff up! Good Luck next season!