Poll: Public-Private Vote

CoachT

Public-Private  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following do you prefer?

• Keep things the way they are
    • Complete Split
    • All schools in one division but classification split based on whether the school is in a rural or urban environment
    • Advancement to the next class based on success
    • Combine everybody in the regular season and have a postseason split

And now for reality

Private schools would be fine with a split in football. They/we may not like it but it would be fine. The problem comes in with the other sports like baseball, basketball, and soccer. The split would cause real problems in those other sports and is in my opinion the reason most privates are against the split. It's not about football.

To be honest Indian, you're preaching to the choir. I'm on record as being in favor of the split. If there is a split the privates will leave the TSSAA. There will be no public/private games. (This is what the privates believe) While the teams you mention do make for a decent region, traveling to fill out the rest of the schedule will be cost prohibitive. Trust me, I've talked to people at several private schools and not just my own.

Again it's not football preventing the split. I believe private school football would thrive after a split at the publics expense.