2A State Champion

2A State Champion in 2015  

75 members have voted

1. 1. and the 2A State Champion in 2015 will be?

• Knoxville Grace Christian
    • Adamsville
    • Marion County
    • Trezevant
    • Hickman County
    • Boyd Buchanan
    • McKenzie
    • Gatlinburg-Pittman
    • Westmoreland
    • Waverly Central
    • Trinity Christian
    • Cascade
    • Forrest
    • Tyner
    • Lewis County
    • Bledsoe County
    • Not listed (comment below)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The QB you speak of is returning back to MC after a year in AL where he threw for over 2000yds and rushed for over 1000yds with 30 TDs. He is an All State caliber qb. He is still learning the system where the returning qb already has a year in. He is an exceptional athlete in every sport he plays. We will have a good ball team and are in a tough region. There are probably 4 or 5 teams in the east who could make it to Cookeville.

The QB you speak of is returning back to MC after a year in AL where he threw for over 2000yds and rushed for over 1000yds with 30 TDs. He is an All State caliber qb. He is still learning the system where the returning qb already has a year in. He is an exceptional athlete in every sport he plays. We will have a good ball team and are in a tough region. There are probably 4 or 5 teams in the east who could make it to Cookeville.

QB will help you guys a ton. No longer 1 dimensional. Nothing against the QB last year, he did a great job playing a position he wasn't really suited for. MC will be tough to beat

I wish trezvant had some posters !

Redrage1990:

I don't know of any Trezevant posters. However, I will try to give some insight into Trezevant from a Whitehaven fan's perspective. First, I will paste their 2015-2016 schedule in this thread and try to give you some insight to some of the OOR oppents they will face this season.

(Each opponents has a link to their 2014 Schedule)

(*) = Region 7 opponent

Trezevant's 2015-2016 Schedule:

Aug 14, 2015

White Station High School (6A-TN)   

Jamboree

Aug 22, 2015

Craigmont (4A-TN)

Neutral

Aug 28, 2015  

Southaven High School (6A-MS)

Away

Sep 03, 2015

Martin Luther King Jr. Prep  (*)

Away

Sep 11, 2015

Ensworth High School (D2-AA)

Away

Sep 18, 2015

DeSoto Central High School (6A-MS)

Away

Oct 01, 2015

Memphis Academy of Health Sciences High School (*)

Home

Oct 09, 2015

Memphis East High School (4A-TN)

Away

Oct 15, 2015

Douglass High School (*)

Home

Oct 23, 2015  

Memphis Mitchell High School

Away

Oct 29, 2015

Hillcrest High School (*)

Away

Now that I have all of the links properly attached, I'll give some of my perspective.

Speaking playoffs ... Trezevant's toughest 2A, Region 7 opponent will be Hillcrest. They are a decent good 2A team, but I think Treazvent will probably be the 1-seed from 2A, Region 7. They will probably have to beat either Manassas, Mitchell, and or Hillcrest to make it to the semi-finals in 2A. It's not a cakewalk through those teams. I don't think either of those teams are the caliber of Trezevant ... but that's why they play the games. As of today, Trezevant would be favored in those games. My guess is if Trezevant made it to the Semi's ... they would more then likely face off against Adamsville ... or whoever beat them. Last's years Trezevant team probably would have pulled that off ... but that's last years team.

Out-of-Region (OOR) opponents consistes of two Mississippi 6A opponents. (Southhaven and Desoto Central) A neighborhood rivarly game against 4A Craigmont. A travel game to Nashville to take on Division 2 AA Power, Ensworth. A powerhouse of a game against 4A power Memphis East. And an end of the season game against fellow 2A, Region 8 power Mitchell. Throw in a jamboree game against 6A power White Station to start of the year!

Let's recap ... That's two (2) Mississippi 6A teams, two (2) Tennessee 4A teams, one (1) Tennessee D2-AA team, and one (1) Tennessee 2A team. All of them had winning records in 2014, with Desoto Central ending with a 0.500 record. Southaven went 11-3 last year and made it to the 2nd round in the Mississippi 6A playoffs losing to Starkville. Everybody should be familiar with Ensworth, who went 10-2 last year losing to MBA in the state championship game in D-2.

Trezevant's past schedules are on Coacht ... go check them out for yourselves. They generally play up when they play OOR teams in the regular season. They are competative in those games ... they even win some from time to time.

Last year, Trezevant played up to play in 4A. They were either a 2A or a 3A team when the reclassifications went through last time if I remember correctly. I may be wrong ... but a lot of Memphis public schools have played in a classification higher then their enrollment. Memphis East, Melrose, Ridgeway ... etc.

Whitehaven has scrimmaged Trezevant in the spring for the past three years that I can remember. They always have given us fits. We love it! They bring toughness. They relish hitting you in the mouth for four quarters. They bring the wood. They are stocked with athletes all over the field. Trezevant prepares for the post season by playing with the big boys in OOR games and scrimmages. It all revolves around their HC. He doesn't believe in scheduling or scrimmaging powder puffs. Come post season ... they have the scars from wars during the regular season. I wouldn't bet on them getting the big head just because they played in 4A last year either. Trust me when I say ... Their coach will give them something to ponder that will remove that as an option. He's old school and down to business.

Edited by kwc

Redrage1990:

I don't know of any Trezevant posters. However, I will try to give some insight into Trezevant from a Whitehaven fan's perspective. First, I will paste their 2015-2016 schedule in this thread and try to give you some insight to some of the OOR oppents they will face this season.

Trezevant's 2015-2016 Schedule:

Date:              Time:         Opponent:                                         Type:                           Site:  

Aug 14, 2015

6:00 PM

White Station High School (6A-TN)   

Jamboree

Neutral

Aug 22, 2015

7:00 PM

Craigmont (4A-TN)

Regular Season

Neutral

Aug 28, 2015

Southaven High School (6A-MS)

Regular Season

Away

Sep 03, 2015

Martin Luther King Jr. Prep  (*)

Regular Season

Away

Sep 11, 2015

Ensworth High School (D2-AA)

Regular Season

Away

Sep 18, 2015

DeSoto Central High School (6A-MS)

Regular Season

Away

Oct 01, 2015

Memphis Academy of Health Sciences High School (*)

Regular Season

Home

Oct 09, 2015

Memphis East High School (4A-TN)

Regular Season

Away

Oct 15, 2015

Douglass High School (*)

Regular Season

Home