Giles VS Columbia Central 8/21

JAFO

How did the scrimmage vs Fayettville City go Shadowcat?

Wasn't able to attend but from what I heard Fayettville's sophomore running back gashed us for some big runs. Jordan Tucker looked good for us, which was expected. He should be the work horse this season. Payton Hall looked pretty good at receiver. QB play is still questionable. But I haven't seen this with my own eyes yet, just the word around town. We did win 27-20. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't able to attend but from what I heard Fayettville's sophomore running back gashed us for some big runs. Jordan Tucker looked good for us, which was expected. He should be the work horse this season. Payton Hall looked pretty good at receiver. QB play is still questionable. But I haven't seen this with my own eyes yet, just the word around town. We did win 27-20. 

Someone said Fayetteville only had like 20 players but still showed pretty well against Giles. If I remember correctly the Hall kid is really short but fast. Giles should take care of Columbia but it is going to be really close. I feel they will lose to Forrest tonight though, pretty solid club. Best of luck to all.

Welcome back JD was wondering when you would pop up. Play time Dan has kept things hoppin. GC varsity takes Forrest Varsity in their first quarter of play in Jambiree. JV plays Spring Hill in the next Qtr. You are right Forrest is a solid Club. We have an experienced O-line with and in experienced quarterback. Defense seems to be okay. We shall see. Keep up the good work JD and Play! It's about to be Week 1! Good luck to all!

How is Giles offensive line? I heard them and the QB position was Smiths biggest concern. Roster indicates several senior O-line members. They usually have a tough o-line, anybody know?

. Smith needs to straighten his o-line up. The QB position is still up in the air I hear. Got a very two very talented guys. One a senior and other a junior. In my opinion the junior QB has been the most impressive in the game against Fayetteville City and then again tonight against Spring Hill. Coach Flippo is turning the program around it looks like in the right direction.

We will see what the cats have for sure next week when season starts. They have looked good in some areas, but Coach needs to toughen the o-line up and get them boys to block. I hope he can see who deserves the starting QB position. Defense looks pretty darn good. Go Cats

. Smith needs to straighten his o-line up. The QB position is still up in the air I hear. Got a very two very talented guys. One a senior and other a junior. In my opinion the junior QB has been the most impressive in the game against Fayetteville City and then again tonight against Spring Hill. Coach Flippo is turning the program around it looks like in the right direction.

That is what I keep hearing too about the o-line. Only scoring three in a quarter against a 1A squad is very UnGiles like. I am not going to say too much though, this JAFO guy and one other will get upset, I cant wait to see them Sept 18th.

I'd never get upset max. I just want them to play ball as a team. Most of that line has started since Sophmore year. Lots of experience. However, folks call it the way they see it. Just a few days left, no room for error, time to tighten up! Max chime in any time u want buddy, that's what this blog is here for. All comments welcome.