Waco & Batman: what is really going on @ DB?

blazer1set

City folk have been doing it for years, RebRaider.  Heck, it was just a few years ago that a city player's family "rented an apartment" just for football season his senior year, sent little Johnny off to play at a county school where he would get playing time, then transferred junior back for graduation at his city school.  How's that for working the rules.  All legal like... just saying... No names :ph34r:

:roflol:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your exact sir !!! From what I have heard Eastmans new headquarters being built will bring in a lot of new athletes from New York and other areas !!!

Aside from the problems that's always been there I don't see anything "coming apart at the seams". You have the "good 'ole boy" system and the outside influence from a few boosters and probably a couple coaches that shouldn't be there. The exact same problems you have at 90% of the high schools across America. You have a player that leaves because he thought he was going to be a starter and it wasn't working out for him. And you have two players that moved, (no fault of DB), People move sometimes. The biggest problem right now is injuries. They have a lot of players banged up. DB has had a couple of classes that have been a little weaker than what we're used to seeing and this year is considered rebuilding. This will be a young team that if they can stay healthy and learn will be a very good team by game 10. I've heard rumors of a couple players from two different states that will likely be in DB uniforms next year. And both are Div. 1 material. So sometimes you have transfers out and sometimes you have transfers in.

oh but we already recruited the players !! Yes I do realize this and yes I do realize we are about to get some good kids !! Now I know you probably don't live in Kingsport .... all I can say is you better buy a house before they all move here !!!;)

You do realize that not everyone that works at Eastman lives in Kingsport....don't you?

Aside from the problems that's always been there I don't see anything "coming apart at the seams". You have the "good 'ole boy" system and the outside influence from a few boosters and probably a couple coaches that shouldn't be there. The exact same problems you have at 90% of the high schools across America. You have a player that leaves because he thought he was going to be a starter and it wasn't working out for him. And you have two players that moved, (no fault of DB), People move sometimes. The biggest problem right now is injuries. They have a lot of players banged up. DB has had a couple of classes that have been a little weaker than what we're used to seeing and this year is considered rebuilding. This will be a young team that if they can stay healthy and learn will be a very good team by game 10. I've heard rumors of a couple players from two different states that will likely be in DB uniforms next year. And both are Div. 1 material. So sometimes you have transfers out and sometimes you have transfers in.

One of those guys a lineman from Gate City?

oh but we already recruited the players !! Yes I do realize this and yes I do realize we are about to get some good kids !! Now I know you probably don't live in Kingsport .... all I can say is you better buy a house before they all move here !!! ;)

No force on Earth or in Heaven will ever cause me to buy a house in Kingsport...

No force on Earth or in Heaven will ever cause me to buy a house in Kingsport...

I live in Johnson City and I know of at least 5 or 6 people in my neighborhood that work at Eastman. One of whom holds a very big position over there. All of their kids go to Science Hill, except for one (and his son goes to Providence Academy).

Back to DB though, they'll be fine regardless of transfers in or out. They have a wealth of talent over there.

Edited by TFL2001

I live in Johnson City and I know of at least 5 or 6 people in my neighborhood that work at Eastman. One of whom holds a very big position over there. All of their kids go to Science Hill, except for one (and his son goes to Providence Academy).

Back to DB though, they'll be fine regardless of transfers in or out. They have a wealth of talent over there.

That was my point, by what's his doofus was too giddy about the alleged DB recruiters working the streets in New York.

At any given SH sporting event, I usually run into enough Eastman employees to run a full crew.  The same can probably said for Bristol, Elizabethton, and other area schools.