Lake Co Falcons-Quality Over Quantity

mrbigster

Where is the 25" bigster recap ?

Not going to be on weekends anymore.Win or lose.Congrats to Halls.Like HTiger said,could have went either way.Defense wasnt any better than it has been the past 10 years.Halls could have passed all night .Lake Co defenders were playing about 7 yards off at the line of scrimmage and Halls just picked them apart with screens and passes at the line.And number 14 ran at will.I have Lake Co going 5-5 and maybe 6-4 if they can beat West Carrol..LC had a new quarterback Friday night.Wilkes probably took 75 percent of the snaps in a shotgun formation or wildcat.I didnt think it worked as well as than Johnson was quarterback.With Wilkes handing the chore,all eyes were on him and knew he was going up the middle,left or right.With Johnson,either faked to Wilkes,or pulled the ball out and ran himself, or ran a sweep and  same thing.Either pitched or ran it himself.Seemed like when they did that,Wilkes had more room to run.Lake Co did have 1 touchdown called back which I was disappointed about.Wilked turned the corner,had already ran about 50 yards,was out in front of everyone and looked to be within distance of the goal line and the back official threw a flag from 30 yards back.Waited until the end of the play when it looked like everyone was just standing up ,knowing he was going to score.I thought Young played pretty good at the receiver spot.But Lake Co needs a lot of work or better players on defense.Just dont have the tough enough players yet.Not a knock on any of the players.Just not a lot of players on the team.Halls has a lot of players and looks to be building a program.Congrats on the win.They deserved it.

Any word on why Hayti backed out on the middle school game with you guys?

The reason given was that they only had 12 players who had physicals. Really hurts the middle school because that was one of four of their home games, so they lose out on the gate/concessions.