Liberty @ Henry County

SEC1rules

What exactly do you mean by "clocked"? Can you be more specific?? Score prediction???

BPM, ive seen trenton and ive seen milan...no team has impressed me more than trenton this fall...its not gona be pretty

clock will run in trentons favor friday night

milan offense is going to struggle as it has all preseason...ur D cant hold up against a team that talented all night long

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberty 24-16

Here's why I think you are mistaken:

1  HC has at least 5 kids who can run for big plays

2  HC defense did not allow Milan to score, allowed Paducah Tilghman only one score, and effectively stopped Montgomery Bell's run game.  This defense is being compared to the 2011 team (though I think that is a stretch)

3  Liberty has a new coach

4  HC has a kicker who will eliminate field position advantage for Liberty

5  Game is in Paris and this town is excited

6  HC may have a pass attack we have never seen

7  HC owes Liberty from last year

Now you tell me why I'm mistaken.

Can't wait

they certainly arent picking against you boys in the Big Ones Contest

facts will you be on the sideline pregame???

2 years ago we had the lead and choked it away with poor conditioning...last year we dominated throughout but the quick pace gave the Big Red an extra opportunity at the end of the game, where a ball control team would not have allowed such an opportunity

im not really sure how anyone can say these teams arent evenly matched and i highly doubt the winner takes it home by more than 7...

its a shame the loser of this matchup  pays such a penalty in the fantasy polls when both teams effectively wreck their divisions year in and year out

best of luck to the patriots except on 8/21/15...i hope you boys catch fumblitis

its a shame the loser of this matchup pays such a penalty in the fantasy polls when both teams effectively wreck their divisions year in and year out

This x10. I feel like this is consistently one of the best week 1 games of the season. I'm not sure I would call it a rivalry, but the Crusaders know who the Patriots are and want to beat them, much like the Patriots know who they are. Hope this series continues for a while.

You've got a point about it being a tight game. I just feel really good about the 2015 version of HC after seeing them in action a few times. I think this HC team has a chip on their shoulder, but then again, I don't think any kid that steps foot on that field Friday night will need any extra motivation. It will be a good one. Right now I like HC 28-13 but that's subject to change 50 times between now and kickoff.

Edited by RedSwarm

Its looking like a beautiful night for some football! I can't imagine a more pleasant forecast for a late August evening. Just ready for Friday to get here We're about 36 hrs from kickoff and the electricity is building.

dhstennis - come look for olddevil at the pregame tailgate near the fieldhouse on the practice field. Going to be a great time and some good eats! Facts, join us! You know where we are!

Go Big RED!!!

I know forums like this are for fans to express their opinions (sorry Facts Only) and support their teams, but I find it amusing that over excited fans will predict 'this year no one will stop our RB' or 'our D will not give up 14 pts in any game' when the only thing they base it on is seeing a couple of qtrs of a jamboree or a scrimmmage of their team, and not seeing anything on an opponent. And both sides honestly think the same thing - come late friday night, someone was wrong and someone was right.

And when they compare previous years QB or RB or defenses to the current one. (yes i do this too --- Jordan? or Kobe? or LeBron?,,,,,,,,,,in case your are wondering,,,, it's Jordan).

That being said, Liberty has traditionally had a very good and athletic team as has HC. I expect this game to be close and exciting, and i think both teams will have a good understanding of where they are come Saturday morning. Gonna be fun.

20 pts will win this one - cause I saw a few plays of the Jamboree.

I have heard the players on Liberty to watch are QB, RB and Safety

Just trying to keep it real.

GO BIG RED.

Just wondering.

No one has addressed the issue of the coaching change in HC.

What type of impact does the HC faithful think it will have?

I'm not looking for a negative critique, but there has to be some impact for better or worse.

Edited by Pilgrim

Just wondering.

No one has addressed the issue of the coaching change in HC.

What type of impact does the HC faithful think it will have?

I'm not looking for a negative critique, but there has to be some impact for better or worse.

Coach Counce's son took over and he's been watching his father most of his life. The offensive and defensive coordinators are new but they have been on staff for years and are both are very capable. HC has a great staff and I don't see much change to be honest.