Liberty @ Henry County

SEC1rules

I believe I'd take this year's DL over 2011's. More size and strength. 97 is a D1 player, and it'd surprise me to not see some colleges come checking on 95 as the season progresses. I would put this D-line against just about any in the state.

It's a little tougher to tell as far as the backers go. 47 is a special talent much like #14 was from 2011-2013. They're an extremely talented group. The fact that this is a point for debate should have HC very excited.

As far as Friday goes, I'll be interested to see this "new" version of Liberty. It'll be a great test for our secondary. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have some success initially, but you'll have to be truly balanced to consistently put points on the board against the Patriots this year.

From what I've seen, I'm not that worried about the offense. The OL is ahead of last year and has some size and athleticism. Great athleticism at QB and WR. I think they'll grow with experience. And of course we have a stable of backs. I've been very impressed with the starter. He loves contact.

I have a lot of respect for Liberty and hope they have a deep run when it gets cold. Just don't like their chances Friday night.

Great post and I wholeheartedly agree, since we are debating 2011 v. 2015 defense - makes me very excited!!! Really ready to see some Patriot Football in a few days!!!

Go Big RED!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I'd take this year's DL over 2011's. More size and strength. 97 is a D1 player, and it'd surprise me to not see some colleges come checking on 95 as the season progresses. I would put this D-line against just about any in the state.

It's a little tougher to tell as far as the backers go. 47 is a special talent much like #14 was from 2011-2013. They're an extremely talented group. The fact that this is a point for debate should have HC very excited.

As far as Friday goes, I'll be interested to see this "new" version of Liberty. It'll be a great test for our secondary. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have some success initially, but you'll have to be truly balanced to consistently put points on the board against the Patriots this year.

From what I've seen, I'm not that worried about the offense. The OL is ahead of last year and has some size and athleticism. Great athleticism at QB and WR. I think they'll grow with experience. And of course we have a stable of backs. I've been very impressed with the starter. He loves contact.

I have a lot of respect for Liberty and hope they have a deep run when it gets cold. Just don't like their chances Friday night.

Great post and you are spot on with everything except the comparison between 47 and 14. Not even close and the stats should be able to confirm. 47 is better Edited by revved1

You may be right. 14 put up some good numbers and he wasn't primarily in the Mike position during his career if I remember correctly. No doubt that #47 is just one of those players that are special. Hope he can find somewhere to play ball on Saturdays when his time here is up. He's what coaches dream of for a LB at this level.

Edited by RedSwarm

It is the YEAR OF THE YANKER.....It is the YEAR OF THE YANKER!!!!!!!  This legendary YANKER is so excited about the coming season that I am early with my predictions! The YANKER hopes all is well in Henryland and you are healthy for the opener against my least favorite team! This happy YANKER is particularly pleased that the prophet (the anti-one) has disappeared from the scene (his stupidity made Henrylanders look foolish) and I am also thrilled that Team Mom has vacated the premises (Team Mom made the anti-prophet look like an absolute genius!).  Now for the task at hand.........in a stunning shocker......JCM 27 - Northside 26....JCM WINS...JCM WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And the score that Henrylanders have awaited since this YANKER'S last post of the 2014 season.........HC 30 - Liberty 7.........I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!  I AM THE "ONE OF A KIND" YANKER!!!!!!!  Simply put.....I AM THE LEGENDARY YANKER.....and don't you forget it!!!!!

We usually have to wait until Friday for any helpful information.  Yanker must have turned over a new leaf with a commitment to expediousness. 

I have to agree though with the HC/Liberty score.  

DHSTennis is usually spot on but I think he has underestimated Henry County this year.  In FACT, I think I had underestimated Henry County until watching a couple of the preseason matches.  I certainly think the 2011 Defense was a once in a lifetime event, but I'd take my chances with this year's Defense from now on.

It is the YEAR OF THE YANKER.....It is the YEAR OF THE YANKER!!!!!!!  This legendary YANKER is so excited about the coming season that I am early with my predictions! The YANKER hopes all is well in Henryland and you are healthy for the opener against my least favorite team! This happy YANKER is particularly pleased that the prophet (the anti-one) has disappeared from the scene (his stupidity made Henrylanders look foolish) and I am also thrilled that Team Mom has vacated the premises (Team Mom made the anti-prophet look like an absolute genius!).  Now for the task at hand.........in a stunning shocker......JCM 27 - Northside 26....JCM WINS...JCM WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And the score that Henrylanders have awaited since this YANKER'S last post of the 2014 season.........HC 30 - Liberty 7.........I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!  I AM THE "ONE OF A KIND" YANKER!!!!!!!  Simply put.....I AM THE LEGENDARY YANKER.....and don't you forget it!!!!!

The Long Lost Yanker! Welcome back old friend! So does this mean that we can expect your predictions on Wednesday's now? I like your thinking in this one. And I hope you are correct in your alma mater's score as well! I look forward to hearing your banter with other posters on here as well. Because there is no doubt, you are the One of a Kind Yanker!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Last year Bush had 189 yds against HC. I think this years D is about the same as last year - may be better at years end. So IF Liberty has a back better than the Bush kid, then HC is in trouble. HC offensive appears to have a few more playmakers, but not sure about the OL yet - although they did get alot of 6-8 yard runs against Paducah on the first 2 series.

Go Big Red

Bush wasnt the starter going into last season...Chris Johnson was, then ruled ineligible...all cleared up now ready to roll...not as fast as bush, but stronger

We usually have to wait until Friday for any helpful information.  Yanker must have turned over a new leaf with a commitment to expediousness. 

I have to agree though with the HC/Liberty score.  

DHSTennis is usually spot on but I think he has underestimated Henry County this year.  In FACT, I think I had underestimated Henry County until watching a couple of the preseason matches.  I certainly think the 2011 Defense was a once in a lifetime event, but I'd take my chances with this year's Defense from now on.

im basing a lot of what im saying off ur scrimmage with milan...ive seen them twice and theres not much to see this year...they will get clocked by trenton peabody friday night

Bush wasnt the starter going into last season...Chris Johnson was, then ruled ineligible...all cleared up now ready to roll...not as fast as bush, but stronger

im basing a lot of what im saying off ur scrimmage with milan...ive seen them twice and theres not much to see this year...they will get clocked by trenton peabody friday night

What exactly do you mean by "clocked"? Can you be more specific?? Score prediction???