DB AT TENNESSEE HIGH

DB 24     Vikes 13

There are rumors that DB is unraveling, but I don't put much stock in that, most likely a clever ruse to throw opponents off balance.      I will say, though, that if DB struggles and barely wins this game then it may be a long season in the new conference.    There are no more Crocketts, Volunteers, Centrals, etc. on the plate this year.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB 24     Vikes 13

There are rumors that DB is unraveling, but I don't put much stock in that, most likely a clever ruse to throw opponents off balance.      I will say, though, that if DB struggles and barely wins this game then it may be a long season in the new conference.    There are no more Crocketts, Volunteers, Centrals, etc. on the plate this year.

rumors from idiots prob.... DB is fine with a lot of very young and talented student athletes. It will take time for the line to figure it out but they will. #86 will be a real weapon at TE

#86 will be a real weapon at TE

If nothing else you ever write is worth the time to do it.I can guarantee you that this young man has all the tools to play TE one of these days at the next level, if that's what he wants to do.DB may or may not use him as a straight up TE and It won't matter .

THS 28-14

This will be the year that THS gets over the hump. This THS team is senior heavy and with the issues at DB the stars could align. I am hearing this THS team is better than last year and the year before.

Even with D-B's "issues" the Vikings have only managed to beat them once in the past 10 years, and that was the Vikings' 10-0 season and D-B's 5-5 season, not to mention the choke job against Daniel Boone in the second round. 😂

Even with D-B's "issues" the Vikings have only managed to beat them once in the past 10 years, and that was the Vikings' 10-0 season and D-B's 5-5 season, not to mention the choke job against Daniel Boone in the second round.

THS beat the stuffing out of Boone in the reg season that year.    In the playoff game referred to above, Boone just seemed to want it more, especially their last Q4 drive....  there were no passes, just power runs to move the chains and chew clock.    But overall I thought THS was the better team that year.      That was a special year for Boone, we beat the big 3 (DB, Science Hill and Tenn High) all in the same season.     That will NEVER happen again.      Wonder if any other Tri-cities team has ever done this?

THS beat the stuffing out of Boone in the reg season that year. In the playoff game referred to above, Boone just seemed to want it more, especially their last Q4 drive.... there were no passes, just power runs to move the chains and chew clock. But overall I thought THS was the better team that year. That was a special year for Boone, we beat the big 3 (DB, Science Hill and Tenn High) all in the same season. That will NEVER happen again. Wonder if any other Tri-cities team has ever done this?

Definitely not anytime recently. Sounds like THS overlooked Boone just a bit that year. Not smart to do.

The consensus thus far is that DB wins by a couple of TD's.      Partly based on the fact DB has beaten THS so many years in a row, and a lot of those have been blowout wins.

So, any chance the Vikings could catch DB looking ahead to the big showdown with Oak Ridge on Aug 28, and sneak in a win?       DB/OR have not played in several years and they are at 14 wins each in that series...