Will Dobyns Bennett be above 500 this season?

We will know way more after tonight.    If DB loses to Tenn High then they will not make 500 against the likes of Maryville, Oak Ridge, etc.    However I expect DB to win tonight by 2-3 TD's, so where does that leave us?     Well there are no more Boones, Centrals, Volunteers, etc. for DB, which are really just glorified practices with fans and a scoreboard.    DB will have to earn every victory week in and week out, no more freebies.   With all that being said, assuming DB wins tonight, I could see 7-3 being realistic.

We will know way more after tonight.    If DB loses to Tenn High then they will not make 500 against the likes of Maryville, Oak Ridge, etc.    However I expect DB to win tonight by 2-3 TD's, so where does that leave us?     Well there are no more Boones, Centrals, Volunteers, etc. for DB, which are really just glorified practices with fans and a scoreboard.    DB will have to earn every victory week in and week out, no more freebies.   With all that being said, assuming DB wins tonight, I could see 7-3 being realistic.

I think Tennessee High is a better team than most are saying. I wouldn't predict a losing season for DB just because of a close game or loss to TH. The Vikings have looked good in their scrimmages against good teams.

I think Tennessee High is a better team than most are saying. I wouldn't predict a losing season for DB just because of a close game or loss to TH. The Vikings have looked good in their scrimmages against good teams.

That's some good info.    And actually I can't think of a time that DB has ever had a losing season (defined as >= 6 losses) regardless of the conference.      I expect a good game early with DB pulling away in the 2nd half.       Just hope the rain holds off, I hate getting wet

That's some good info.    And actually I can't think of a time that DB has ever had a losing season (defined as >= 6 losses) regardless of the conference.      I expect a good game early with DB pulling away in the 2nd half.       Just hope the rain holds off, I hate getting wet

If I remember correctly DB was 5-6 in 2008. Had a mixture of good players and players that didn't care if they won of lost on that team. Chris Sensabaugh got beat up pretty bad that season trying to carry the load.

The kids that have been on the team the last couple yrs are going to have the hardest time.Getting use to, not having a down week.And no disrespect to DC,VOL and those teams.They were overmatched.The new conference is pretty straight across the board,of course putting Maryville above everyone else.This season should also be teaching the underclassmen how to stay the course and keep grinding and know they have to come to play every nite!