Region 2 - 6A Weekly Predictions: Go on the record.

34Defense

Oakland 21 Blackman 7. Blaze lone touchdown came on blocked punt

Mid Tenn, I am not going to say this game was lost on poor officiating, because Blackman O-line looked terrible. The defense played a good game, but if you were at the game and saw the cheap BS shots Oakland threw and the late hits and the roughing the punter call (that should have been a running t the kicker)then you can say the lack officiating did not help our cause. 

Mid Tenn, I am not going to say this game was lost on poor officiating, because Blackman O-line looked terrible. The defense played a good game, but if you were at the game and saw the cheap BS shots Oakland threw and the late hits and the roughing the punter call (that should have been a running t the kicker)then you can say the lack officiating did not help our cause.

I was there and I have friends on the Blackman staff and they didn't say one thing about the officiating. You going to have moments where it gets chippy in a rivalry game. Blackman is by no means innocent. I have respect for you and Blackman's program, but I was always raised that if you need to use the officiating as a scapegoat, then you didn't play too well to begin with. Give Credit to Oakland's defense for taking away the run for Blackman and forcing Armstrong to have to win the game throwing the football, which had disastrous consequences for the Blaze.

No time for Blackman to dwell, they got to face what will be a motivated Cookeville team

I was there and I have friends on the Blackman staff and they didn't say one thing about the officiating. You going to have moments where it gets chippy in a rivalry game. Blackman is by no means innocent. I have respect for you and Blackman's program, but I was always raised that if you need to use the officiating as a scapegoat, then you didn't play too well to begin with. Give Credit to Oakland's defense for taking away the run for Blackman and forcing Armstrong to have to win the game throwing the football, which had disastrous consequences for the Blaze.

No time for Blackman to dwell, they got to face what will be a motivated Cookeville team

Oakland absolutely played a lights out game and deserved the W.. as I said if the call were made it still would not have changed the game . I listened to a couple coaches and they said the line judge on our side of the missed several calls. 

Oakland absolutely played a lights out game and deserved the W.. as I said if the call were made it still would not have changed the game . I listened to a couple coaches and they said the line judge on our side of the missed several calls.

It's unfortunate, but the officiating is just one variable within the game, everybody has had to deal with it at some point or another. Key is overcome, adapt, and continue to execute throughout the game to give yourself a chance at the win. Unfortunately for the Blaze, they did not do that enough last night, especially early in the game when Oakland went thru their usual 1st Quarter struggles

It's unfortunate, but the officiating is just one variable within the game, everybody has had to deal with it at some point or another. Key is overcome, adapt, and continue to execute throughout the game to give yourself a chance at the win. Unfortunately for the Blaze, they did not do that enough last night, especially early in the game when Oakland went thru their usual 1st Quarter struggles

Oh I agree you can't let that determine a game . Your play or lack of will dictate 99.99% of the outcome. It is time for the blaze fans and team to suck it up get ready for this weeks opponent. Hopefully we will battle back and be a contender at the end of the season. 

Week 5 Standings:

1. (tie) razorsedge – 6-2

CU06 – 6-2

MidTennFootball – 6-2

4. (tie) Blaze45 – 5-3

Hubbard – 5-3

Milo118 – 5-3

34Defense – 5-3

Ccraider99 – 5-3

9. RedRaider59 – 4-4

10. oldfan41 – 3-5

Notes: 

• Oakland vs. Blackman & William Blount vs. Bearden were picked pretty evenly among posters it looked like.
  • Only one poster pick White Station to beat Arlington, MidTennFootball.
  • No perfect pick/score this week.

Post Week 5 Standings (by %):

1. ccraider99 – 30-10 (75.0%)

2. 34Defense – 29-11 (72.5%)

3. (tie) RedRaider59 – 23-9 (71.9%)

Hubbard – 23-9

5. CU06 – 28-12 (70.0%)

6. Milo118 – 22-10 (68.8%)

7. Blaze45 – 27-13 (67.5%)

8. MidTennFootball – 25-15 (62.5%)

9. razorsedge – 24-16 (60.0%)

10. oldfan41 – 6-10 (37.5%)

Post Week 5 Standings (by total number of games picked correctly):

1. ccraider99 – 30-10

2. 34Defense – 29-11

3. CU06 – 28-12

4. Blaze45 – 27-13

5. MidTennFootball – 25-15

6. razorsedge – 24-16

7. (tie) RedRaider59 – 23-9

Hubbard – 23-9

9. Milo118 – 22-10

10. oldfan41 – 6-10

Notes:

• The later we get in the season, the more both standings correlate, obviously.
  • It is mathematically possible that #9 could tie #1 in one week, in games picked correctly. (8-0 vs. 0-8)
  • Stick it out, oldfan41. The storm will weather. :)
  • We're halfway through the season. It would be incredible if anyone could end up picking 60 or more games correctly. 
  • The gap is small for the us guys that have been around all year, or only missed a week. It's gonna be exciting to watch this play out.
  • THANK YOU for picking each week, guys. This wouldn't be possible without you all.