Region 2 - 6A Weekly Predictions: Go on the record.

34Defense

Ranking by # picked leaves us latecomers at a disadvantage. Do you want the list to be who picked the most wins are who is the best picker? A minimum amount of games should be required of course.

Either way, thanks for putting this together each week and good luck to all.

Riverdale 21 Coffee County 14

Blackman 28 Oakland 23

Cookeville 21 Siegel 14

Smyrna 35 Warren Co. 10

Ooltewah 28 Rhea Co. 21

Fulton 35 Knox Catholic 17

Arlington 28 White Station 21

William Blount 17 Bearden 10

See, that's what I was thinking as well and I don't want to handicap you guys. I'll try to do a games picked correctly and percentage rankings each week, but then again even you guys that came in a week late can eventually take the lead later on in the season. 

It's all about having fun and competing anyways. :)

Week 4 Results:

1. Blaze45 - 7-1

2. (tie) Hubbard - 6-2*

RedRaider59 - 6-2

4. (tie) 34Defense - 5-3

ccraider99 - 5-3

6. (tie) CU06 - 4-4

Milo118 - 4-4

razorsedge - 4-4

9. oldfan41 - 3-5

10. MidTennFootball - 2-6

Notes:

• This week seemed to be a little more challenging to all of us.
  • Siegel getting smoked caused Blaze45 to lose his shot at perfection. :P
  • Congratulations to Hubbard for being the second poster this year to correctly pick the winner and score as Riverdale defeated Hillsboro 24-21.
Honestly don't care either way, you could do both

Riverdale 28 Coffee Co 10

Oakland 28 Blackman 20

Cookeville 28 siegel 24

Smyrna 42 Warren Co 14

Rhea Co 24 Ooltewah 17

Fulton 36 Catlick 14

Arlington 31 White Station 20

Bearden 21 W. Blount 17

Wow tough week last week and it doesn't get any easier! Lol

Riverdale BIG 42  Coffee Co. 0

Blackman 17  Oakland 14

Siegel 28  Cookeville 24

Smyrna 38  Warren Co. 3

Rhea Co. 24 Ooltewah 21

Fulton 35  Knox Cathlic 21

Arlington 30  White Station 21

W. Blount 28  Bearden 20

Edited by oldfan41

Seven (not including myself) out of the ten posters we have participating have submitted their picks before Wednesday morning. That's awesome.

If any Oakland or Blackman fan want to give us the inside scoop and tell us the key matchups I'm sure we'd appreciate it.

I'm sure #7 Stevens will impact the game tremendously.

I think Blackman's D-Line has the edge over the Oakland O-Line.

I'm still waiting to see if Oakland's coach can win a big game with the Wing-T. He has a chance to this week.

Seven (not including myself) out of the ten posters we have participating have submitted their picks before Wednesday morning. That's awesome.

If any Oakland or Blackman fan want to give us the inside scoop and tell us the key matchups I'm sure we'd appreciate it.

I'm still waiting to see if Oakland's coach can win a big game with the Wing-T. He has a chance to this week.

There is a lot of key matchups that will make for an interesting game .  I look for Stevens to challenge the corners Burks and Wade. Look for big plays from Blake Taylor. on the defensive side.  From Oakland defense will be challenged by Dowdy as well as Armstrong. Nix will play a factor in how well they move the ball for sure. Look for Sewell, Teague and the Conor Mitchell to have an impact. The kicking game may be the deciding factor.

On an interesting note Tucker Georgia Blackman's last week opponent has been running the Wing -T effectively for many years.  Is there any advantage to playing against a team that runs it well before this game with Oakland (who also runs a wing t)

Here are my 2 cents about the game: Blackman having an advantage in the trenches when Oakland is on offense won't matter as much because the Wing-T is specifically designed to hide such defeciences.

Quarterbacks: Edge goes to Blackman. Armstrong is one if the more underrated QB's in the state and could be the x-factor. Matthews isn't too bad for Oakland either and gives the Patriots a dimension most Wing-T teams dont have.

Running Backs: Slight edge to Blackman, although both teams have several playmakers in that department. Strong play from Dowdy is what makes this offense go, giving the Blaze true balance.

Wide Receiver/Tight End: Advantage Oakland purely because of Jacoby Stevens. Stevens could very well be the best player in the state and could impact the game on both sides of the ball.

Offensive Line: Advantage Blackman. Blackman has made steady improvement on the line and us a big reason for their 3-1 start. Blackman fans are figuring what a gem they have in Coach Oliver.

Defensive Line: Pretty much even in my opinion. Both teams are strong on the line and is a big reason for both teams continued rate of success.

Linebacker: Slight edge to Oakland. With Jackson Cauthen now back in the fold, he gives Oakland a solid core in the middle.

Secondary: Edge To Oakland, but not as much as you think. Much as been made about Blackman's inability to stop the pass, but the Blaze have faced some truly great offenses.

Special Teams: Edge to Blackman. Special Teams has always been a strength. Oakland isn't half bad on Special Teams either.

Much has been made of Creasy just being a really successful Coach at just the small ball level. Some feel it is the wrong offense for the personnel he has (I'm one if them) However, I'd wager that is even harder to be successful at the lower levels with much more limited resources. I think the pressure is just as much on Coach Watson who has never won more than 6 games in a season. Howeverlike the last 2 seasons, I won't be surprised if these 2 teams see each other in the playoffs as well

There is a lot of key matchups that will make for an interesting game . I look for Stevens to challenge the corners Burks and Wade. Look for big plays from Blake Taylor. on the defensive side. From Oakland defense will be challenged by Dowdy as well as Armstrong. Nix will play a factor in how well they move the ball for sure. Look for Sewell, Teague and the Conor Mitchell to have an impact. The kicking game may be the deciding factor.

On an interesting note Tucker Georgia Blackman's last week opponent has been running the Wing -T effectively for many years. Is there any advantage to playing against a team that runs it well before this game with Oakland (who also runs a wing t)

No doubt won't hurt Blackman that they face a Wing-T already but the Wing-T Creasy runs is a little different than your average team that runs that offense. It's all about maintaining discipline when your facing the Wing-T.

While Oakland does not have a lot of experience running this new offense, Creasy has and showed it to be a pretty versatile offense with more potential for big plays than you would see against a typical Wing-T team

Edited by MidTennFootball

No doubt won't hurt Blackman that they face a Wing-T already but the Wing-T Creasy runs is a little different than your average team that runs that offense. It's all about maintaining discipline when your facing the Wing-T.

While Oakland does not have a lot of experience running this new offense, Creasy has and showed it to be a pretty versatile offense with more potential for big plays than you would see against a typical Wing-T team

You are exactly right, my thought there was that Tucker is very comfortable and has been running the wing -t very successful for years now.While Creasy truly has a different wrinkle than many, I think it helped Blackman to play assignment ball and stay in your lanes  last week. Hopefully that discipline will limit the number of big plays that we see. Always enjoy your insight, 

There is a lot of key matchups that will make for an interesting game .  I look for Stevens to challenge the corners Burks and Wade. Look for big plays from Blake Taylor. on the defensive side.  From Oakland defense will be challenged by Dowdy as well as Armstrong. Nix will play a factor in how well they move the ball for sure. Look for Sewell, Teague and the Conor Mitchell to have an impact. The kicking game may be the deciding factor.

On an interesting note Tucker Georgia Blackman's last week opponent has been running the Wing -T effectively for many years.  Is there any advantage to playing against a team that runs it well before this game with Oakland (who also runs a wing t)

Here are my 2 cents about the game: Blackman having an advantage in the trenches when Oakland is on offense won't matter as much because the Wing-T is specifically designed to hide such defeciences.

Quarterbacks: Edge goes to Blackman. Armstrong is one if the more underrated QB's in the state and could be the x-factor. Matthews isn't too bad for Oakland either and gives the Patriots a dimension most Wing-T teams dont have.

Running Backs: Slight edge to Blackman, although both teams have several playmakers in that department. Strong play from Dowdy is what makes this offense go, giving the Blaze true balance.

Wide Receiver/Tight End: Advantage Oakland purely because of Jacoby Stevens. Stevens could very well be the best player in the state and could impact the game on both sides of the ball.

Offensive Line: Advantage Blackman. Blackman has made steady improvement on the line and us a big reason for their 3-1 start. Blackman fans are figuring what a gem they have in Coach Oliver.

Defensive Line: Pretty much even in my opinion. Both teams are strong on the line and is a big reason for both teams continued rate of success.

Linebacker: Slight edge to Oakland. With Jackson Cauthen now back in the fold, he gives Oakland a solid core in the middle.

Secondary: Edge To Oakland, but not as much as you think. Much as been made about Blackman's inability to stop the pass, but the Blaze have faced some truly great offenses.

Special Teams: Edge to Blackman. Special Teams has always been a strength. Oakland isn't half bad on Special Teams either.

Much has been made of Creasy just being a really successful Coach at just the small ball level. Some feel it is the wrong offense for the personnel he has (I'm one if them) However, I'd wager that is even harder to be successful at the lower levels with much more limited resources. I think the pressure is just as much on Coach Watson who has never won more than 6 games in a season. Howeverlike the last 2 seasons, I won't be surprised if these 2 teams see each other in the playoffs as well

Two great posts.

Still don't know who I'm going to pick, though.

Two great posts.

Still don't know who I'm going to pick, though.

I listened to a great little podcast called inside the Huddle by Tom Kreager that had about 7 or 8 minutes of Coach Watson and7-8 of Coach  Creasey's input on the game, matchups and thoughts. For those on the fence it might give you the warm and fuzzies one way or the other. For me it is too late, I have been drinking from the Blaze's Gatorade bucket.... and I bought all in.