Region 2 - 6A Weekly Predictions: Go on the record.

34Defense

I would consider "being arrogant" saying that it's ok to lose a game because we are Mboro and we are going to probably win our district anyway. After watching WC the last three years I am no way arrogant about that school. I am just happy my son is on a team that is finally winning games. As I told him last night we could win the rest of our games on our schedule but we could just as easily only win 1 more game.

Where did anyone say it is ok to lose a game because we are Murfreesboro and probably going to win our district? I said a loss to Tucker GA would not really hurt our record. If you go back to my early postings you will find I very humbly said With our schedule against 2 out of state power houses( 1 in the top 15 nationally) and McCallie, Riverdale and Oakland we would be lucky to have a 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 start. 

Now if you "expected" to win that game last night you were the only one in this message thread that did.Alot of folks filled the stands and hoped to, but not many expected.  You played a good game against a reeling team. Maybe we will be lucky enough to run into you in the playoffs. ( hint all the teams in 6a make it) not arrogance, but understanding how the system is set  up.  You might also look at my picks this week and last and see I picked Riverdale who was picked to get whooped... 

Edited by Blaze45

Week 4 Results:

1. Blaze45 - 7-1

2. (tie) Hubbard - 6-2*

RedRaider59 - 6-2

4. (tie) 34Defense - 5-3

ccraider99 - 5-3

6. (tie) CU06 - 4-4

Milo118 - 4-4

razorsedge - 4-4

9. oldfan41 - 3-5

10. MidTennFootball - 2-6

Notes: 

• This week seemed to be a little more challenging to all of us.
  • Siegel getting smoked caused Blaze45 to lose his shot at perfection. :P 
  • Congratulations to Hubbard for being the second poster this year to correctly pick the winner and score as Riverdale defeated Hillsboro 24-21.

Post Week 4 Results:

1. RedRaider59 - 19-5 (79.2%)

2. ccraider99 - 25-7 (78.1%)

3. (tie) 34Defense - 24-8 (75.0%)

Hubbard - 18-6 

5. Milo118 - 17-7 (70.8%)

6. (tie) CU06 - 22-10 (68.8%)

Blaze45 - 22-10

8. MidTennFootball - 19-13 (59.4%)

9. razorsedge - 18-14 (56.3%)

10. oldfan41 - 3-5 (37.5)

Season Notes:

• RedRaider59 moved into the lead, percentage wise, this week after posting a 6-2 record. 
  • ccraider99, who is in second place percentage wise, is leading the number of games picked correctly, with myself trailing by one.
  • I was happy with the two OOR (out of region) games that we picked this week. I think it made it a bit more competitive. I went 1-1 in those games.
  • Again, a big THANK YOU to you guys who continue to pick these games each week and those that give me feedback such as reporting scores, what games to pick each week. I can always count on cc, Milo, and Blaze to post their team's score. It really helps me out when grading everyone's picks.

Week 5 Games:

Riverdale at Coffee County

Blackman at Oakland

Cookeville at Siegel

Warren County at Smyrna

Rhea County at Ooltewah

Fulton at Knoxville Catholic

White Station at Arlington

William Blount at Bearden

Notes:

• Four region games this week, four OOR games. I think the four OOR will be pretty competitive so that is why I picked those.
  • Please let me know of any games you want for the next week the Friday night - Sunday night preceding the game, because I try to get the games out as early as possible. 
  • I'm looking forward to 100% (or 100%+) participation this week. You guys have done a great job coming back each week and without you guys this wouldn't be possible. :) New posters are always welcome.
  • PLEASE let me know which way you guys would like ranking order to be in. I could do percentage and games correct, but if you guys prefer ranking by percentage or games picked correctly, let me know.

Week 5 Games:

Blackman at Oakland

Cookeville at Siegel

Warren County at Smyrna

Rhea County at Ooltewah

Notes:

• Four region games this week, four OOR games. I think the four OOR will be pretty competitive so that is why I picked those.
  • Please let me know of any games you want for the next week the Friday night - Sunday night preceding the game, because I try to get the games out as early as possible. 
  • I'm looking forward to 100% (or 100%+) participation this week. You guys have done a great job coming back each week and without you guys this wouldn't be possible. :) New posters are always welcome.
  • PLEASE let me know which way you guys would like ranking order to be in. I could do percentage and games correct, but if you guys prefer ranking by percentage or games picked correctly, let me know.

I think total games picked correct.

34Defense's Photo34Defense

Today, 08:26 PM

Week 5 Games:

Blackman at Oakland

Cookeville at Siegel

Warren County at Smyrna

Rhea County at Ooltewah

Riverdale 42 Coffee County 13

Blackman 21 Oakland 10

Cookeville 28 Siegel 21

Smyrna 48 Warren County 0

Knox Catholic 35 Filton 24

Arlington 27 White Station 14

Bearden 42 William Blount 28

Post Week 4 Results by games picked correctly:

1. ccraider99 - 25-7

2. 34Defense - 24-8

3. (tie) CU06 - 22-10

Blaze45 - 22-10

5. (tie) MidTennFootball - 19-13

RedRaider59 - 19-5

7. (tie) razorsedge - 18-14

Hubbard - 18-6

9. Milo118 - 17-7

10. oldfan41 - 3-5

Notes:

• It does seem to make it a bit more competitive. The deficit is not bad at all for 1-9. oldfan41 also still has time to make up ground and get in the middle of the pack. 

What was week 4 stand alone results?

Post Week 4 Results by games picked correctly:

1. ccraider99 - 25-7

2. 34Defense - 24-8

3. (tie) CU06 - 22-10

Blaze45 - 22-10

5. (tie) MidTennFootball - 19-13

RedRaider59 - 19-5

7. (tie) razorsedge - 18-14

Hubbard - 18-6

9. Milo118 - 17-7

10. oldfan41 - 3-5

Notes:

• It does seem to make it a bit more competitive. The deficit is not bad at all for 1-9. oldfan41 also still has time to make up ground and get in the middle of the pack. 

Week 4 Results:

1. Blaze45 - 7-1

2. (tie) Hubbard - 6-2*

RedRaider59 - 6-2

4. (tie) 34Defense - 5-3

ccraider99 - 5-3

6. (tie) CU06 - 4-4

Milo118 - 4-4

razorsedge - 4-4

9. oldfan41 - 3-5

10. MidTennFootball - 2-6

Notes: 

• This week seemed to be a little more challenging to all of us.
  • Siegel getting smoked caused Blaze45 to lose his shot at perfection. :P
  • Congratulations to Hubbard for being the second poster this year to correctly pick the winner and score as Riverdale defeated Hillsboro 24-21.

C'MON Lady luck.....

Riverdale 28 Coffee County 13  Makes it a win streak with #2
Blackman 21 Oakland 14  With the Oakland bye week hoping  Oakland brings more rust than rest to this game 
Cookeville 28 Siegel 21 Hate it for Siegel.. sure would like to see them shake the bad mojo off. 
Smyrna 48 Warren County 3
Knox Catholic 14 Fulton 28
Arlington 27 White Station 14
Bearden 14  William Blount 24  With the assistant coach scandal at Bearden and the excitement at Blount I believe Shadowens  gets the W

Rhea County 14 at Ooltewah 21 ...go PA /Owls

Edited by Blaze45

Week 5 Games:

Blackman at Oakland

Cookeville at Siegel

Warren County at Smyrna

Rhea County at Ooltewah

Notes:

Ranking by # picked leaves us latecomers at a disadvantage. Do you want the list to be who picked the most wins are who is the best picker? A minimum amount of games should be required of course.

Either way, thanks for putting this together each week and good luck to all.

Riverdale 21 Coffee County 14

Blackman 28 Oakland 23

Cookeville 21 Siegel 14

Smyrna 35 Warren Co. 10

Ooltewah 28 Rhea Co. 21

Fulton 35 Knox Catholic 17

Arlington 28 White Station 21

William Blount 17 Bearden 10

Edited by Hubbard